in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-25-2010 4:50 PM by Toubro. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2010 2:10 PM

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

New BV10-46 or used BV9??

Hi guys.

I need advice. I've been looking to replace my Avant for quite some time, (as some of you might remember as I have posted other similar threads), but haven't had the money for it. The shops in Denmark has a very interesting financing offer, so I was looking to buy the BV10-46 with anti-glare and floorstand, but when using the offer I can't get my normal discount and the price of a used BV9 is in some cases the same as the full price of the BV10-46, so now I can't decide because the BV5/9 have always been my favourites because they are designed as a unit, where the BV10 is a flatscreen on a stand. But the BV5 is to old in my eyes, I'm looking for Full HD for my PS3 and XboX 360. My setup contains BL1s as front and BL6000 as rears. Which brings forward these questions.

1. I know the BV9 is Plasma and the BV10 is Edge-type LED backlight. My cousin keeps telling me that Plasma screens have a fading death when used, but should I worry about this?? The used prices in this matter is without the ACM I'm sure.

2. The BV10 is 200/240Hz, the BV9 is 100/120Hz. Does this matter?? I understand Hertz from an electronical engineer perspective, but I'm afraid to get to focused on numbers instead of apperance when it comes to televisions. 

3. Can I watch one program on the BV9 while the internal HDD recorder is recording another??

4. Is there any reason why you think I should pick one over the other and is there anything I haven't thought of?? I like the BV9 because of the design, the better speaker and the BS3 you keep talking so warmly about, but I'm concerned if the screen will disappoint me.

• 07-20-2010 3:31 PM In reply to

Re: New BV10-46 or used BV9??

Toubro:

I like the BV9 because of the design, the better speaker and the BS3 you keep talking so warmly about, but I'm concerned if the screen will disappoint me.

I would (imho) definitely go for yhe BV9, for at least all the reasons you mention.

With all respect to (owners of) the BV10, a BV 9 screen will not disappoint you. I think that there are more members/owners of a BV10 who once and a while look at there screens with some doubts about their picture quality then BV9 owners.

I've seen the panels in the flesh and wasn't satisfied by the BV10 picture quality. Not even with the typical Blu-Ray discs with fast moving videos, or watching football games where the ball goes through the air like a airplane in the morning with stripes behind it.  

In the near future my BV5 will be replaced with a new commercial Pana panel and a BS3. And by replaced I mean changing the old BV5 panel with a new one. I'll stick with the design of my BV5.

• 07-25-2010 4:50 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Re: New BV10-46 or used BV9??

Thank you for your reply. I'm just afraid to buy a screen with a shorter lifespan, but my heart is saying BV9. Regarding the picture quality I guess I just have to find a way to make a comparison.

I like your plans with the BV5, please post a walkthrough when you get that far, I love when people "updates" B&O Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)