in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-21-2010 8:26 AM by Large48. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2010 5:28 AM

Free to good home - Beomaster 2400, Beogram 2402 and Beovox S55 speakers

As I'm about to move house, into a smaller flat, and need to downsize, I thought I'd see if anyone on here would like to give a home to some of the vintage B&O stuff that Peter was kind enough to give me when I was starting out.

It's Beomaster 2400-2, a Beogram 2402 plus the Beovox S55 speakers that came with the Beomaster 5000 system that I've just acquired. 

It's a combination of space reasons (as you almost certainly know, the 5000 stacks which is a big help with surface space) and the fact that I don't have the electrical knowhow to make the 2400 work perfectly.  And I've got the Beomaster 5000 now...

Anyway, the Beomaster 2400's been having a few teething troubles - there's a little bit of a hum from it, and it's developed the habit of randomly switching itself between tape, phono and tuner... which is a bit annoying when you're trying to play a record because the control mechanism activates and turns the record deck off.  Peter alluded to some little red capacitors, which apparently often need replacing in 2400s, and as you might have seen on another thread, Martin is pretty sure he's got the diagnosis and the solution is fairly simple.

The Beogram's playing up a little bit as well, by the way - it was fine before I moved to where I'm temporarily living at the moment, but now what happens is the record deck rotates (slightly quickly, by the look of it) and the record arm goes over to where it should and the needle goes down, but then the process reverses itself, stops and starts again and repeats this ad infinitum.  But it was working fine before I moved and the MMC20 cartridge was sounding fantastic.

As Peter gave them to me, I'd like to offer them on his terms - to be given for free to a deserving soul rather than sold when the time comes, with the same proviso given to the recipient.

So, would anyone like them, or does anyone know someone who might?

The Beovox S55s are on offer just in case anyone wants a project to take on.  They're certainly in need of more skilled help than I am (which isn't difficult) and apart from the usual perishing of the baffles surrounding the bass drivers, the bloke I bought the Beomaster 5000 off reckoned one of the mid range units has been damaged as well.

And again, if anyone would be able to take them off my hands in the next week or so, that'd be fantastic!

PS - am in South London.  Camberwell, SE5.

• 07-19-2010 11:47 AM In reply to

Re: Free to good home - Beomaster 2400, Beogram 2402 and Beovox S55 speakers

Hi Drew,

You have a PM.

Laurence.

• 07-21-2010 8:26 AM In reply to

Re: Free to good home - Beomaster 2400, Beogram 2402 and Beovox S55 speakers

Plus another if required. :-)

Cheers

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)