in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-21-2010 2:26 AM by yachadm. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2010 10:50 AM

• Dermot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

CD player problems

Anybody suffering the same problems as I am , My cd player [4300] has failed after only 1446 hours of use B&O disown itor to put it another way it has cost me 21 p per CD EXCLUDING  original capital cost

cost to repair £314.05

Anybody else had a similar experience ?

Let me know

Message to B&O you sell high price goods which it is not unreasonable to expect will deliver long and reliable service My Experience is that this is rubbishas mine has failed after only 1446 hours and requires £314 to get it to work B&O have REFUSED to mitigate this . BE WARNED

• 07-15-2010 11:18 AM In reply to

Re: CD player problems

Dermot:
    My cd player [4300]

4300? Perhaps 3300 (80's) or 3000 (00's) ...or is this a TYPE number?

And what EXACTLY is wrong? Perhaps we can help -at least point you in the right direction.

Welcome to BeoWorld!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-15-2010 11:28 AM In reply to

• Dermot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Sorry so angry after a month of getting clock readings and dealing with middlemen made a mistake with number which should read 3200 .

Total of 1446 hours usage since new [ignoring standby] Cd starts and within a few seconds stops display says no cd  , naturally have tried cleaning and many different CDs some play up to 30 seconds then same

Repairers [B&O]  say needs new CD mech cost £314 .09

Approached supplier B&O who simply replied out of warranty , frankly for a piece of kit at these prices I would expect it to last at least as long as the £30 piece of kit which works perfectly after more than 10 years but clearly as long as B&O have your money they don't .

AS you can tell no doubt I am extremly angry at what I can only at this moment describe as shoddy overpriced goods

THanks for your time

• 07-15-2010 11:39 AM In reply to

• Dermot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi Jeff

The wonders of this site meant that because I moved the window I could not return to window to add your name and my appreciation of your response which has brought more comfort than nearly 6 weeks now of dealing with the labarinthine B&O corporate system .

regards

Dermot

p.s. have also tried all the obvious e.g. turning on and off as well as things mentioned above

• 07-15-2010 11:44 AM In reply to

Dermot,

Did the B&O repairer actually see your unit and do some tests on it ?

The Beosound 3200 has a large number of internal test routines which help to define a problem in some detail, did teh repairer run these tests ?

Regards Keith....

• 07-15-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

• Dermot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi Kieth

Yes they did , and after some time provided me with the internal clock data

regards

Dermot

• 07-16-2010 1:02 PM In reply to

Dermot - I sympathize with your plight. The laser in my car CD player has recently failed as well. In no way am I excusing B&O, but perhaps CD laser/mechanism manufacturers (Phillips, Sony and the like) shoulder a part of the blame for increasingly shoddy build quality. For parts obtained from external suppliers, B&O absolutely should insist on the best of the batch, but as recent forum complaints regarding "clouds" on the BeoVision 10-40's Samsung screens attest, their external quality control leaves much to be desired.

Just FYI, the first "3200" model, the BeoCenter 2500, had a curvy lens mechanism that was famously frail. The straight mechanism of the later models is new and improved. But unfortunately for your case, not "improved" enough. Sad

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 07-21-2010 2:26 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Hi

While I'm very familiar with all the old-style CD units - pre-7000 series, which have the Philips CDM2 or CDM4, I have never had a 3200 come into my lab.

Can someone who knows this unit technically tell me exactly which CD transport is in the 3200?

If it's a Philips CDM or Sony KSS, I can probably give some help here.

Regards

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)