in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-13-2010 6:48 AM by wirralsimon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-13-2010 5:55 AM

Beomaster 900 with CD player?

I would like to get my hands on a Beomaster 900, but how compatible is it with 'modern' auxilary components? Will it support my Thorens turntable? I see it has a tape recorder jack. Could I also hook up a CD player?

• 07-13-2010 6:26 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 900 with CD player?

CD is no problem, you connect it to the tape input with a DIN-RCA -adapter (or directly if it happens to be a B&O CD with a DIN connector).

The grammophone input may have a pre-amp (depending on version), but it isn't really suited for modern magnetic pickups. You could connect the turntable to the tape input with an externall RIAA pre-amp, but then of course can't use the CD at the same time. If the particular BM900 is missing the preamp altogether (built for a ceramic pickup), the phono input might be usable as just another line level input.

-mika

• 07-13-2010 6:48 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 900 with CD player?

If you re running out of inputs you can but a box on ebay that will anable you to connect a CD player and a truntable to a single Phono input ans switch between them. It's an ugly plasctic  box bit can be tucked away out of sight.

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)