in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-12-2010 4:10 PM by SWISS_2. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2010 6:27 PM

Beosound 3 Questions.

Are you happy of your BS3??What do you think about its sound quality?

Pro?/Con?

• 07-12-2010 1:25 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 3 Questions.

andreabang:

Are you happy of your BS3??What do you think about its sound quality?

Pro?/Con?

Hi neighbor.

BS3 is a very useful gadget. The sound quality is excellent. Very nice little toy! No cons. I recommend buying.

Greetings to Italy.

Alen

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 07-12-2010 4:30 AM In reply to

No cons at all, it is a straight forward portable music system, lovely build quality and sound - it's a pleasure to take out and about.  I think it is one of the modern B&O classics.

There was a problem with the control plate at the top but once replaced it works perfectly.  If buying second hand it is worth checking if the plate has ever caused any problems.

Filed under:
  • 07-12-2010 6:20 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

I like my BS3 very much. I was so lucky to win mine in the monthly prize draw, and I must confess that I wouldn't have bought one myself, as I think it is a bit expensive. That said it is a great portable device, and the sound is very good. I also like the SD card reader, but the alarm/timer function could be better - it misses the ability to set a recurring alarm.

Pros: Ease of use, the automatic antenna, sound and build quality.

Cons: Battery time and timer function.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 07-12-2010 9:54 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

As long as "portable" or "small" are high on your priority list, then the BS3 is a great product (I have 2).

Sound quality vs. BS1 (for example) is no comparison, the BS1 is much, much better.  However, you cannot easily take your BS1 to the beach, park or back yard (say working in the garden).  The BS3 is very clear and accurate (for a small, single speaker system). 

People do complain about using it for an alarm clock.  The "snooze" function leaves much to be desired, you cannot see the time display when it is playing (makes it hard to lay in bed after the alarm goes off and see how late for work you're going to be if you don't get up right now!) and you must set the alarm every night (this usually means pressing 2 buttons as it remembers the alarm time from the previous setting) .  It is also difficult to operate "by feel" (like in the dark or when you're groggy because you just woke up) - as there are no buttons, just text etched into the surface - you can get used to this... however, my wife still uses the old alarm clock when I'm out of town...  I guess I probably would not buy it soley as an alarm clock (unless you like the style and/or size) - but as a multi-tasker (alarm clock + carry it about), it is quite nice.

Stan

• 07-12-2010 10:46 AM In reply to

It's a great piece of kit and a great talking point when we have friends round (what on earth is that?).  But I assume it will become totally redundant when the FM signal is switched off

• 07-12-2010 4:10 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Enjoying it as I write this, about 200 Km above Manaus, Brasil.

Good sound, portable, and any FM station in the clear can be used as an AUX music source. We have 10 SD cards, and have already heard everything recorded a few times. We alternate between the local FM stations for news and weather (rain or more rain ) and Mp3 music from our Beoplayer N.MUSIC library.

The electrical/mains power in this region is an unsual 157V-60Hz , neither 110 or 240v at on the coastal cities, Rio or Sao Paulo.  The BS3 multi-region charger nonetheless works as intended overnight. We lug it to and from the boat protected in a neoprene wine carrier ( too hot here for wine, so Caipirinhas !) inside a backpack or box.

We mulled over a choice of an older Zenith Transoceanic multi-band or the BS 3 for this trip, and selected the latter. This one has so many travel Km on it, that it should have it's own Passporte.  No regrets.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)