in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-15-2010 10:05 AM by Keith Saunders. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2010 1:54 PM

Read Beoworld through RSS feed?

Hi all,

is there an RSS feed that provides all posts in a certain forum? The one that I have found only provides new "main" messages, but not the replies...

The reason I'm asking: I'd like to read the forums on my iPad, and doing this in the browser is a little bit painful (no keyboard).

Thanks

Christof

• 07-12-2010 1:00 AM In reply to

Re: Read Beoworld through RSS feed?

Nobody? Is there maybe a better forum for this type of questions?

• 07-13-2010 4:59 PM In reply to

The is no RSS for all the messages.

Viewing the forum on iPad is fine IMHO but writing is a pain. Same as on the iPhone.

I personaly use this feed:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/TopicsActive.aspx?ForumID=-1

• 07-14-2010 1:02 AM In reply to

Well, I read internet forums always in the same way: I open the forum, browse through the subjects, and open the ones that I am interested in in a new browser tab in the background. Unfortunately there is no way to open a new tab/window in the background  on the iPad/iPhone...

Too bad, I'll give the RSS feed that you mentioned a try, but I am not very optimistic.

Thanks anyway!

Christof 

• 07-14-2010 4:41 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

You CAN open new windows on the iPad/iPhone but not in background:

Simply put your finger on the subject line of the thread you want to read and keep holding it (do not just tap with your finger). After 2-3 seconds a popup on the iPad will appear asking you, if you want to open it in a new page/window.

• 07-15-2010 1:40 AM In reply to

Sure - but that's simply painful compared to just doing a Ctrl-Click on the articles that I want to read on a "real" computer... 

• 07-15-2010 8:28 AM In reply to

On my ipad, I browse "the normal way". I click on a thread, read it then go back to the main page. I use the "Active" thread link as I do not like going to all the different sub forums.

There is a new app for iPad, I haven't tested it but it may offer some kind of answers on your: http://www.macworld.com/appguide/app.html?id=496712&lsrc=rss_main

• 07-15-2010 10:05 AM In reply to

There was one RSS feed feature which has always been disabled and that was "RSS Search" which will allow members to create syndication feeds which contain the results of a search.

I have just enabled this facility, but I have never actually tested it, so I would be interested in feedback on how well it works and if it is useful.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)