in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2010 7:32 PM by BeoDoc. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2010 6:31 PM

Beocom 6000 handset not registering w base-asking pin code???

Hi,

I am trying to register a handset to a Beocom 6000 base. The base appears on handset display then I press enter to complete the registeration (while the base red light is blinking)...then it asks for a pin code which I don't know...so I enter 0000 or 1234 or any other combo that I know and it displays WAIT REGISTERING but then the display says "BUSY" and does not complete the process (base's red ligt continues to blink).

Can anyone help?

TIA.

• 07-13-2010 3:28 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 handset not registering w base-asking pin code???

This problem often occurs where the maximum number of handsets (6) has been registered with the base and you try and register a seventh. If a base has been sold and the person did not un-register their handsets even if they are not connected, then that is often the source of your problem.

How many handsets do you currently have registered to your base and working ?

Have you had the base since new or did you buy it from a previous owner ?

Regards Keith....

• 07-13-2010 4:13 PM In reply to

Hi Keith,

I bought it used. I am not sure how many HS were registered. This is a second unit that I've never used, the handset is also not used by me. Mine works fine and I have 4 HS registered. How can I unregister all handsets? I tried to rest base to factory settings but handset displays "BUSY".

Thx.

Sam

• 07-18-2010 8:35 PM In reply to

Still stranded. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Beodoc

• 08-02-2010 4:21 PM In reply to

Beodoc,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I have been on holiday and I am catching up.

Which version of Beocom 6000 handset do you have ? The button at the 9 'oclock position round the dial, does it have the letters INT or a DOT with a Mark I shown HERE and a Mark II shown HERE

Normally in the US only Mark II's were sold.

Regards Keith....

• 08-02-2010 7:32 PM In reply to

All of the handsets are Mark I (dot).

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)