in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-28-2010 10:54 PM by elephant. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2010 5:50 AM

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Beosound 5 dust

Hi,

yesterday I got my Beosound 5 back from service because it had dust under the glass and they replaced the dust filter (? it was 1st generation Beosound 5 which used another seal/filter for dust)

Today I checked it using a flashlight: There's still a fair amount of dust under the glass. The glass was replaced (as the old one had scratches, too).
    In normal use I can't see the dust but when the flashlight or a spot of light is shining on the glass I can see it :-(

What to do? Return to my dealer and let him try it until I have a complete dust free unit or is it nearly impossible without doint the work in a Hightech clean room from a chip manufacturer? :-)

• 07-08-2010 10:50 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 5 dust

TWG:

What to do? Return to my dealer and let him try it until I have a complete dust free unit or is it nearly impossible without doint the work in a Hightech clean room from a chip manufacturer? :-)

In a certain manner you gave the answer - a cleanroom isn't standard equipment for a dealer/service center ...

If you think they did their job not as best they could -  make a complaint to the dealer/service center.

• 07-08-2010 11:46 AM In reply to

same situation as you've described.

i had a 2nd generation dust filter when i bought it new.

gathered dust under the glass in a few months.

sent it to national service centre in gloucester i think - they have a airproof room.

came back with even more dust.

i have given up hope. the unit is just badly designed.

you could try germany and see if they do better.

• 07-08-2010 2:28 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

If I knew how complicated it is to remove the glass, I will do it myself until I AM happy :-)

It was at a german dealer for repair/clean :-( Or do you mean Bang & Olufsen Germany? 

• 07-08-2010 3:56 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

TWG:

If I knew how complicated it is to remove the glass, I will do it myself until I AM happy :-)

I'd try to find a solution with the dealer/service center - 
    maybe the just had a shortage in air dust cleaner ;-)

If you want to do it yourself - the installation manual for replacing
    the glass points out explicitly:

! A static-protective field service kit must always be used when the
    ! product is disassembled or modules are being handled.

! Be carefull not to touch the inner side of the front glass.
    ! If it gets dirty, the surface cannot be cleaned (the coating is damaged).

! If there is dust on the glass, use an air dust cleaner for cleaning.

Don't forget to wear white gloves ...

• 07-09-2010 3:57 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

ok, this sounds strongly like "visit the dealer" :-)

Thanks. I'm watching it and see if I can live with it... 

• 08-28-2010 6:07 PM In reply to

b&o hampstead
    Hi Joe,
    Firstly I would like to say a very big thank for you supporting me the customer against B&O Denmark's denials that there weren't any dust problems with the Bs5. Your openness about dust in your show unit and what others found on beoworld was reassuring.
    Thank you for putting my case forward and securing a brand new replacement unit from denmark.
    I had given up on the Bs5 especially a few weeks ago when my blue laser stopped moving when i turned the toggle dial and nothign happened.
    The replacement unit is staggering in its performance and exquisite. The B&O magic has now returned and i am loving it...
    I can honestly say that i now feel it was worth the considerable costs...well done!
    I have had the experience with other dealers who are friendly to you when you want to buy something off them but are unresponsive when you later have problems with your purchase; your individual attention and customer care was the exact opposite.
    Your diligence and effort is even more noted given that you seem to be working 12 hour days from what i can gather whenever we communicate by email and 'phone.
    Many thanks Joe!

• 08-28-2010 10:54 PM In reply to

seethroughyou:
    Many thanks Joe!

well done Joe !

seems you are an exemplar for B&O quality in after-sales services

thank you for setting an excellent example 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)