in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-04-2010 2:47 PM by folkdeejay. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-07-2010 12:53 PM

• Andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2007
    • Melton Mowbray
    • Posts 128
    • Founder

Problem buyers

Hi

has anyone come across an italian buyer forafora? For th 4th time she has clicked BIN on collection only items requesting i drive the items to london or pack them up in boxes for a courier to collect then refuses to cancel the transaction?? I live a 400 mile trip to London and beolab 8000s arent easy to pack hence the words collection only.

I have now got to pay the fees (at over £1000 sale thats expensive fees) as shes yet again refused to cancel. Does anyone know how to deal with this with ebay as they say ive got to sell to her ideally i wanted cash on collection which is not unreasonable??

Thanks for any advice

• 07-07-2010 1:28 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Problem buyers

I'd get in touch with ebay, explain the situation, get the sale cancelled - then place them on your blocked bidders list (is there such a thing, or was i dreaming that ?!)

If it was myself, i'd state that i'd be happy to jump through hoops - as long as the buyer is paying.  If you clearly stated 'collection only' then you should quote the price of packing, courier delivery, plus some extra to cover your time on top of the final price.  Fair's fair.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-07-2010 2:03 PM In reply to

• Andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2007
    • Melton Mowbray
    • Posts 128
    • Founder

Thanks Lee

I only do collection only now because of the paypal dispute problems if the bidder collects they are satisfied and take away as this one is from Italy I could only imagine the paypal disputes flooding in once they are in Italy Beolab 8000 with a BC 9500 plus ST9500 all smashed on the way not my idea of fun. I just dont think its worth it anymore so collection and cash is my way forward for a hassle free ebaying ..............experience or so I thought!

• 07-07-2010 3:09 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I've a sneaky feeling this is the same Italian ebayer who has given grief to Beoworlders in the past & has since changed his name.

Anyway, you can BLOCK BIDDERS from your auctions.

If you haven't already done so then you need to open a non-paying bidder dispute. If you don't then there is no way you will get your fees back. Even if the buyer refuses to cancel the transaction ebay should find in your favour if the auction clearly stated collection in person only & with a bit of luck will refund your final value fees.

On another note - next time you list an item for collection only make it clear that it is a UK only auction & that you will not entertain nor sell to overseas bidders.

I sold a Beocenter recently on collect only but if postage was required that they had to ask for a quote prior to bidding. The first time it sold, the buyer (in Greece) didn't follow this & ask first, instead asking for a shipping price overseas after bidding highest - when the quote landed in their mail box they quickly changed their mind. So you could easily just send them an outrageous final bill with ridiculous postage which would include £500 per hour for your time - tell them you're a barrister & that is how much your time costs. 

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-09-2010 9:37 AM In reply to

• klewer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-02-2009
    • UK
    • Posts 4
    • Gold Member

I also had fun dealings with "forafora" and his/her new userID "foraforauk" when selling my Ouverture.. To summarise I wasn't too comfortable with them as they wanted to send their own courier to collect the item (thus throwing any hope of PayPal protection out of the window)

I naturally tried to cancel the transaction and yes, they refused. In the end I found it easier to contact eBay by phone where I had the seller fees credited back to my account - trying to get anywhere with eBay via email just doesn't happen!

• 07-09-2010 12:47 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

They even appear to win their own auctions!

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 07-09-2010 6:06 PM In reply to

Stonk:

They even appear to win their own auctions!

LaughingLaughingLaughing Iffy or what?

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-10-2010 12:11 AM In reply to

forafora bought a BS9000 from me about 3/4 months ago.

I obtained box and packaging from B&O.

The Italian lady, Andrea Orsini, paid by bank transfer and her courier called at an agreed time and date to collect the item.

There were no problems!

She would appear to work for/run an Italian re-seller website www.lussopertutti.it which would appear to be very glossy and professional. Perhaps she is the attractive Italian equivalent of Ian or Jason or Lee.Big Smile

Regards Graham

• 07-10-2010 5:11 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

It was a different user name, but someone buying for the same reseller bought my BS9000. That said colection only too. They asked if they paid the extra could I order some original packaging. So I did, then they arranged their own courier. All went well. Strangest part was they paid straight away. Then waited about 6 weeks beforw getting collected.Erm

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-10-2010 5:59 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

The Italian lady, Andrea Orsini...

She would appear to work for/run an Italian re-seller website...

It's Andrea Orsina.  HE is a rather portly chap (being polite) who doesn't strike me as a man that would be quite your type Graham.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-10-2010 6:06 PM In reply to

Whad a mistaka to makaEmbarrassed

Bloody internet!

Regards Graham

• 07-16-2010 4:32 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Yes I have also met Andrea. He actually has posted on here in the for sale section I just cannot remember his name though.

He turned ip at my house about 3 years ago in a Fiat Punto with so much B&O onboard you could not see out of any window except the windscreen. Bear in mind also, as Lee said, he is a rather large fellow!

He left my house in Yorkshire very slowly with 4 hours to spare to catch a ferry in Dover!! Not sure if he made it home or notSmile 

• 07-16-2010 4:38 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

JC:

Yes I have also met Andrea. He actually has posted on here in the for sale section I just cannot remember his name though.

He turned ip at my house about 3 years ago in a Fiat Punto with so much B&O onboard you could not see out of any window except the windscreen. Bear in mind also, as Lee said, he is a rather large fellow!

He left my house in Yorkshire very slowly with 4 hours to spare to catch a ferry in Dover!! Not sure if he made it home or notSmile 

Found him I think November35

• 07-23-2010 2:49 PM In reply to

Hello everyone.
    I apologize for my English.
    I am Andrea Orsina.
    I own Lussopertutti.
    My site is www.lussopertutti.it
    I do in Italy what Lifestyle ago in England.
    Unfortunately in Italy there is a lot of material scarcity Bang & Olufsen always buy used and then England.
    Many of you have also bought from Lifestyle.
    My account is on ebay but I also FORAFORA an account in England as ForaforaUK.
    beginning of my career it was difficult to get people to send in Italy and then every month I was in England by car.
    The car with which they come to England was not a Fiat point.
    I came to England a Mercedes Class A.
    I came to England with an Audi Q5, my current car and a Volkswagen Sharan to a friend.
    Have you ever seen 16 pairs of BeoLab 6000 in a Sharan?
    I thank everyone who helped me and believed in me.
    Now organize shipments with GLS and when I buy send the courier to collect the parcel.
    I'm always very happy to come to England.
    I love the English countryside.
    I think returning to England in late September and if you organize a dinner party will be with you.
    Of course I am available for all friends who want Italian products.
    If you are interested in anything from Italy, including food, just write me in mail.
    My Nicname here November35.
    I do one day a week volunteering in Red Cross ambulances and drive.
    The symbol of the ambulance that drove first was November 35.
    A hug from Italy.

I on the TOP on Milan DUOMO

Pls tell me if you can see it.

I

• 07-23-2010 3:23 PM In reply to

Welcome to the forum Andrea (as opposed to the private sales section!)

It's good to hear from B&O enthusiasts in parts of the world where B&O may not have a great presence. Reading the posts above, I would guess that there have been misunderstandings in the past concerning courier collection where a buyer has stated 'local collection only'. Maybe it's a language problem (with most in the UK having much less knowledge of Italian than you do of English!)

Good luck for the future.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-23-2010 4:57 PM In reply to

Thanks for the welcome.
    I always read your post but I've never written because it awkward to be understood well.
    I learned a lot the English coming to England m still love help with the Google translator.
    I did not understand why many English people do not trust if I organize the collection of the parcel with my carrier.
    I always pay in advance.
    I send the original box unless a person has them.
    I try to do the job best but it is very difficult.
    BANG & OLUFSEN in Italy is not widespread among the people as in England and many shops have closed.
    The price is higher (except for BeoVision 10) and not everyone can afford a new one.
    Let me give an example. The BeoSound 9000 in Italy 4380 Euro.
    Andrea
  • 07-25-2010 5:04 AM In reply to

• Andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2007
    • Melton Mowbray
    • Posts 128
    • Founder

Hi Andrea

firstly thank you for your posts it is unfortunate that we didnt communicate properly beforehand. I have recently had so many problems with paypal and people ruining items and then complaining through paypal and I get sent back damaged items and even items with parts removed just because they know the paypal system and as a seller you have very little protection.

I now only sell collection only it just stops the hassle which I dont need as its supposed to be just a enjoyable pastime. Perhaps may I suggest next time you email first stating your intention before bidding or using BIN as it creates a problem when you see an item for collection being bought by someone from Italy asking you to drive them to London????!

Whilst it is now quite obvious  that you are an honest and honourable ebayer and I hope you continue to be succesful in buying in the UK. You are most welcome to come and collect any item I sell in your car and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee before you head back through the English countryside!

Kind Regards

Andy

• 08-04-2010 2:47 PM In reply to

Hi,

I had dealings with Andrea (via his London based lady) last year - I have to say it was a very smooth, professional transaction, and based on that experience, they seem a reputable outfit - much like Lee here in the UK.

He bought a fair bit of kit - and as I had to go down to London anyway, I delivered the stuff whilst there.......everyone was happy.

DJ

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)