in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-20-2010 7:17 AM by j0hnbarker. 197 replies.
Page 7 of 8 (198 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2010 4:30 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Re: THE BEOWORLD AWARDS 2010 - LIVE !!

Okay all, I'm off. Take care everyone!!! BTW the wedthred won't be a frequent activity for me tomorrow due to work.

Ta!

Evan

• 07-06-2010 4:31 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Congratulations to all of tonights winners. All of them very deserving, and all a credit to Beoworld.Yes -  thumbs up Glad I just managed to catch the end, had to go to a birthday party. How rude, to have your birthday on the same night as the awards. Some people!!!LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-06-2010 4:31 PM In reply to

And a huge thanks to Lee who makes all this possible. None of realise how much he puts into this site and how he co-ordinates us all.

Anf thank you to all the people who voted - to take the trouble to vote shows how much you value what we do.

• 07-06-2010 4:33 PM In reply to

Congrats to all winners once again. And a big thanks to all Beoworlders who make this site the best place on the net! And a big thanks to Lee, the moderators and everyone else from the Beoworld team who make it all possible... You're all special! Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 07-06-2010 4:35 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Surprise

Speech...?
    ...less..!

Thanks for voting for me and thanks for all your nice words.

It's very hard for me to tell you how I feel about this.
    Of course, it's nice to know that people appreciate what I do but
    this is all just a hobby for me and you have no idea how much I
    appreciate doing what I do.

To be able to enjoy my hobby here, together with all you great guys, is
    unbelievable.

Congratulations to all the other winners and the runner-ups.
    And a special thanks to Lee, Peter, Keith, Chris, Mika and all the
    other wonderful people running this site for making it all possible.

Martin

• 07-06-2010 4:35 PM In reply to

BTW Evan, you shouldn't play Sharp, you should play Bang & Olufsen! Stick out tongue

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 07-06-2010 4:39 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nice one!

Goodnight all, see most of you tomorrow!Left Hug

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-06-2010 4:58 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Now the Robot's gone home and i can get a word in edgeways, i'd like to add a few myself..  Big Smile

Firstly, I'd like to take the opportunity to show my appreciation for the Moderating Team who i'm sincerely proud to be a member of.  Great people, and i keep saying this (because it's true) - I couldn't do any of this without them.  One person couldn't run this alone unless he never slept and there were 10 days in the week - it's grown too big and needs a dedicated team of people behind it.  We have that team, and the dedication is 100%..

Each winner of the four categories thoroughly deserved them - and i thought the special mentions, third and second places also deserve a huge thank you for contributing their time, energy and knowledge to this site.  Special mentions from myself to absolutely everyone who posts, and also to those who simply read and enjoy!

I'd like to also acknowledge Peter.  Nobody has any idea of the immense amount he does behind the scenes finding, scanning and uploading manuals constantly as well as answering countless questions i forward to him.  The reason nobody knows is that he doesn't tell anybody - he just quietly gets on with it, always with the interests of BeoWorld at heart.

Peter, from me, Thank You.

I'd also like to thank Keith Saunders in public.  Nobody realises the huge amount of hours Keith puts in for free to make this site run so perfectly from a technical perspective.  if we had to pay a man of his calibre, we simply couldn't afford it - it's as simple as that.  We're basically driving a Rolls Royce for the same running costs as a pair of Roller Blades.  An immensely intelligent man, incredibly generous and invaluable.  We all know it - i said it.  LOL

Finally - we have our Winners Martin and Mika (aka Dillen and Tournedos), who humble me with their know-how and willingness to help absolutely anyone!  Generous to a fault the pair of them, and i'm proud to have them on the Mod Team.

And Burantek (aka Jaff) !!  -  Well done, you really make me laugh with your posts - a thoroughly decent chap with a cracking sense of humour, and clearly highly regarded by the BeoWorld Membership.

Well - that's me.  Well done everyone!   The Prizes were actually posted today by Airmail, Special Delivery and UPS Express - so should be with you shortly... Yes -  thumbs up

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-06-2010 5:00 PM In reply to

burantek:

tournedos:
    Good evening - for once, a prize draw that doesn't clash with Wednesday©!

But, w/ all the usual suspects! Whistle

:-(

including the snoring heffalump

sorry I missed all the fun

congratulations to the winners ... when I scroll past seven pages of postings to find who they are :-)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-06-2010 5:03 PM In reply to

Stonk:

Well done Jaff.

Well done Nick

Well done Keith

d'accord !

especially for Keith who obviously keeps working on Wednesday nights !

Keith is an especially Most Helpful Member ... he helped sort me out on my RF Amp

Dillen is amazing 'cause he matches his words with collateral ... I have some of his Beocord bands 

But ultimate congratulations to Mika !!!

Well done guys :-)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-06-2010 5:19 PM In reply to

evman140:

PrizeDrawBot:

In Second Place - Jandyt's partner in crime and co-host of the ever popular WedThread is..

-ooOO    Puncher    OOoo-

Our even more Northerly Correspondent - Thank You!

I knew this was going to be filled with wedthreddersLaughing

And rightly so !

The amazing thing so far is the absolute fairness of our unanimity of people in the top 5 positions for both categories !

Have to agree that everyone was absolutely deserving of being nominated and voted highly ...

I just wished that all five could have tied for first place

Congratulations mates, one and all:

StonkJoeyboygolfTrip English, JandyT, Puncher and Jaff !!!!!

what a comedy line up ... they could take the world by storm if they were on radio :-)

• 07-06-2010 5:23 PM In reply to

PrizeDrawBot:

And finally - the WINNER of this category and BeoWorld's Most Valuable Contributor of 2010 is..

-ooOO    KEITH SAUNDERS    OOoo-

What can we say?  This man has clearly been a saviour to both the sites functionality as well as content, and this has been clearly recognized by the members!  

Congratulations Keith, from all of us.  A well deserved award.

Woohoos for JoeyboygolfPeter Pan, Philippe, Trip, Dillen and Keith !!!

• 07-06-2010 5:27 PM In reply to

PrizeDrawBot:
    Martin (Dillen) - our BeoWorld Member of the Year 2010.  

Yaaayyyyyy 

And vuvu blasts for ViennaBeoCool, PhilLondon, JandyT, and Jaff 

And I absolutely endorse everyone of the sincere thank yous to Peter and Lee

I believe Peter helped found the original Beoworld, and if we could have kept the counters counting I am sure his post count would be getting close to 30,000 !

He is also a man of wonderful generosity ... I have seen him not only give time and advice, but also collateral and knick knacks to all and sundry

Peter is an exemplar for all of us on how to conduct oneself ... the gentlemanly (sorry to the too few ladies we have, I should have said civil but gentlemanly conveys so many other values as well) tone of this site owes a lot to Peter's leadership over the years

And to Lee ....... who had the vision and where-with-all to rescue the site ....... and provide us all with a place to build such strong friendships and camaraderie ....... and who rewards the deserving ....... and organised the "real world event" I missed (*sob*, I am crying in my pretzels, *sob*) ..... a really big elephantine T H A N K   Y O U from all of us 

edit: just noticed that this was my 900th post of the modern era of Beoworld ... how very fitting and lovely ... thank you again to all of the above and thank you to every other fellow member as well

• 07-06-2010 6:06 PM In reply to

A very big applause for all of you boys. You make our lives easier in terms of B&O stuff and funnier. Myself and so many people here are really proud to be members of this Great Family, Beoworld.

-Dimitris

• 07-07-2010 12:55 AM In reply to

Firstly, apologies for not being able to attend the Beoworld Awards Ceremony last night, but I was driving up the M1 to Halifax where I am now.

I wish to thank ALL members for taking the time to contributing to Beoworld and offer my congratulations to all winners and runners up.

I also wish to add my personal thanks to Lee, Peter, Martin, Chris, Van and Mika for their considerable contribution to making this site what it is and I am very proud to be part of this team.

My personal congratulations goes out in particular to Martin and Peter who are always there offering considerable help every day. Other key contributors I would like to highlight include Andy (Jandyt) and Puncher along with Vienna, Beocool, Phillondon and Jaff.

Then there is Lee, who, without him we would not have Beoworld, his constant support he gives the moderating team and providing very kind comments to myself.

How can I end  -- well, by just saying THANK YOU TO YOU ALL

Regards Keith....

• 07-07-2010 7:18 AM In reply to

Well done to all winners! I am in the middle of a house move and did not have web access last night.Sad

Good to see that the usual Wednesday suspects did so well, with several getting awards for being both idiots and doing something useful!Whistle

I've personally found so many people on Beoworld to be helpful with problems (inc Peter who pushed me in the right direction with my radio-less BC1 (an item he's never owned!)) Also particular thanks to Martin who has undertaken two BM repairs/recaps for me.

Not to mention the fact that so many overseas members on Beoworld are making great contributions in perfect english putting many of us monolinguists to shame!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-07-2010 8:46 PM In reply to

Congratulations to all the deserving winners, placegetters and honourable mentions!! You are all a big part of what makes this site what it is.

I'd also like to thank all of those that are involved behind the scenes. I'd hate to think how much goes on that we don't see, all to make this site run so smoothly.

I doff my cap to you all.

Thankyou.

BTW, Is it just me or have other people noticed... Prize Draw Botty and Lee are never in the same room at the same time!

It kind of reminds me of when I was a child and questioned my mother about Santa Claus. She broke the sad news to me that Santa doesn't exist! Personally, I don't believe her.

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 07-08-2010 1:03 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

elephant:

And vuvu blasts for ViennaBeoCool, PhilLondon, JandyT, and Jaff 

*g*  13 hours and 21 minutes after your post (yesterday, about lunchtime CET) 
    I clearly heard the sound of a vuvu arriving from south-east. Thanks!

• 07-09-2010 9:06 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

jldmelb:

...Prize Draw Botty and Lee are never in the same room at the same time!

There's not enough room for his ego and me - i leave him to it.. 

Laughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-09-2010 10:55 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

9 LEE:

And Burantek (aka Jaff) !!  -  Well done, you really make me laugh with your posts - a thoroughly decent chap with a cracking sense of humour, and clearly highly regarded by the BeoWorld Membership.

Can we make Jaff a honorary Englisman? he definately shares or sense of humour, he cracks me upLaughing

Congratulations to all the winners & runers up from me also, truly well deserved. And a big thank you to all who took the time to vote.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-09-2010 1:36 PM In reply to

Medogsfat:
    Can we make Jaff a honorary Englisman?

That is fine w/ me... but who gets voted off the island to make room?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-09-2010 2:21 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

burantek:

Medogsfat:

Are you sure one will be enough?UnsureStick out tongueLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 07-09-2010 5:52 PM In reply to

Puncher:

burantek:

Medogsfat:

Are you sure one will be enough?UnsureStick out tongueLaughing

Well ............. an Olifant and his Elliephant did leave last year, so perhaps that might just make enough room ?

And there is no truth to the rumour that the south-eastern seaboard of Australia is now subsiding into the Tasman sea ... 

• 07-13-2010 6:02 AM In reply to

keith's brilliant , bno don't know how lucky they are to have someone so knowledgable helping them out - unpaid !

they should send him a nice new shiny bv9 as a thank you pressie imo

• 07-13-2010 7:02 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

burantek:

Medogsfat:

Whistle

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

Page 7 of 8 (198 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >