in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-07-2010 12:11 PM by beocool. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2010 4:47 AM

Any new television from b&O in the future?

Can we expact some new televisions from B&O in near future? There is only one with built in bluray/DVD player and only a pair of TV lines are available (BV7, BV10/9, BV8 design). What about something like new BeoCenter2 wirh bluray player that would suite BV10 without built in player?

• 07-05-2010 4:50 AM In reply to

Re: Any new television from b&O in the future?

I think the TV range is pretty extensive at present. BV7, BV9, BV4, BV10, BV8and BC6. As far as I am aware, they will not make a stand alone Blu-ray player, relying on the PUC to control other makes.

• 07-05-2010 10:16 AM In reply to

I just visited the factory in Struer together with my mate Anders. We were not allowed access to various parts of the factory because of new products being assembled... However, suggestions were made of a TV that would fill the gap between the BV4 65" and the BV4 103"...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 07-05-2010 10:41 AM In reply to

As a retailer, I'm not very interested in a new model, but more in adding sizes to the existing range. I'm also interested to the point of exploding in a scaled down BeoSystem 3 to control 3rd party screens so that I can offer B&O solutions to mid-market folks who've already invested in a Samsung or whatever (or cannot make the investments in one of our screens) and add BeoLink capabilities in very large installations where some areas cannot accommodate a B&O tv design for various reasons.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 07-05-2010 12:20 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

I heard that the BV 9 was ended with the launch of the 7 -55, so that would only leave the 4 series plasmas and 7, 8 & 10. Is the 6 still offered in Europe? I wonder if the the four series will be replaced with LCD screens. Can't see a huge need for an 85"?

• 07-05-2010 1:36 PM In reply to

i've been told there will be a BV8-40 mkii soon

• 07-05-2010 4:09 PM In reply to

• MacBo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

What about a BV8-46? ...I would like one:-)

/Bo

• 07-05-2010 4:40 PM In reply to

• BeoTom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-09-2010
    • Texas
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

I agree with both Peter and Trip.  I think we have a pretty nice range of televisions at the moment.  I would like to see one or two smaller screen options here in the US though, for those areas that don't need a 40" (the smallest currently available in the US) or larger screen.  Another 32" or 26" model would be nice.  I'd also like to see a scaled down (less expensive) BeoSystem 3 too (BeoSystem 4?).  Of course, being a B&O fan and always excited about new models, I wouldn't exactly complain about a new TV design!

• 07-06-2010 6:27 PM In reply to

Apparently small TVs do not sell well in the US. TO me this is very hard to believe, especially in condos within city limits where space comes at a premium.

I think they need 3 things: Keep the current TV range current, give digital music another kick beyond the BS5 and start thinking about video over the internet.

Technically, most online video services offer some sort of interface. Boxee demos that nicely. Apples IOS4 probably follows soon into the same direction, with netflix and abc being a start.

Next purchase on my list will be something for digital music, not the BS5 though in its current state of development.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 07-06-2010 6:55 PM In reply to

JK,

This is an example of how B&O has miscalculated their market. The BeoVision 8-32 did not survive in the US because it was too little for the money. Despite their best reasoning, there was no hope for bringing a $4,000 television to market with one HDMI input and a 720p screen. The type of client who would make such a purchase will be looking to get the most for their money and shop on many criteria. The BeoVision 8 had great sound and admittedly a good picture for its resolution, but couldn't compete on even the basics. 

Had they invested in updating the platform and keeping pricing aggressive, I think they could have sold more of these or similar models in the size category. 

I'm mostly missing them for large installs where we want the experience consistent from room to room. Connecting a BeoSystem 3 to a 17" Samsung is not always the best idea!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 07-07-2010 3:42 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • Melbourne Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

I will be looking at purchasing a new TV later this year, and a revised BV8 - 40 would interest me greatly.  

Hopefully, I'd like to see the internal surround sound processing be brought up to date as regards Dolby True HD, DTS Master Audio etc, for Bluray discs, and also 40" is a bit limiting in some aspects, so as suggested, the option of a 46" screen would be a real boon.

Any hints from your source as to what the revision could be??

Many thanks

John... Smile

No-one ever regretted buying quality.

• 07-07-2010 10:34 AM In reply to

3 HDMIWhistle

• 07-07-2010 12:06 PM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • Melbourne Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

koning:

3 HDMIWhistle

Well yes... Big Smile

But an update to LED backlighting wouldn't go astray either..... Yes -  thumbs up

Regards

John.... Cool

No-one ever regretted buying quality.

• 07-07-2010 12:11 PM In reply to

It looks like the new TV will be a BV10-32...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)