in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-08-2010 4:21 AM by stotty1111. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2010 7:05 PM

New B&O owner seeks advice regarding Penta powered speakers

Hello B&O people, Up until yesterday I had only imagined owning B&O products but I had always admired them. As luck would have it I came across a few B&O products one of which was a pair of the Penta powered towers. Much to my dismay there are a few drivers that seem to be blown. My question is could any of you direct me to a place that might have a replacement driver? A couple of the paper cones have been pushed in and when I hooked them to the Beocenter 9000 I also picked up the sound was just awful. It sounded like something was terribly wrong. On the plus side I picked up a pair of Beolab 5000 wall speakers. One of the grills has a tear in it but when I hooked them up my jaw hit the floor. I've been a audio gear head for years mostly old school gigantic Polk SDA stuff and I was blown away by the sound of the 5000's. Words simply can not describe how beautiful they are. In any event I would love to get the Penta's up and running. Looks like I will be spending a lot of time delving into the wonderful world of B&O. Thanks for a great forum. Borderline
  • 07-02-2010 7:44 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Re: New B&O owner seeks advice regarding Penta powered speakers

Welcome!

A wonderful set of pieces to get into the world of B&O with.

The Penta drivers rotting is a very common fault, and I hear that there are drivers available from you're B&O dealer (by order).

I completely agree with you're view on the 5000's, I have a pair myself, amazing speakers!

Evan

• 07-06-2010 5:06 AM In reply to

There's also a guy in the netherlands that sells the surounds  for these on ebay don't have his name right now maybe able to find it but just do a search on ebay it will probably come up if yours are bad that is good luck on these

• 07-06-2010 4:52 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

You can still order all the drivers as new replacements for the Penta from your favorite B&O shop.  The woofers will run about $70 each and the mid-ranges look to be about $50 each.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 07-06-2010 11:06 PM In reply to

Thanks Russ! It seems that I need two mid drivers and they'll be back up and running properly. The rest of the drivers appear to be alright!

• 07-07-2010 10:40 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

No problem Borderline, happy to help.  Anyway I can...really...Whistle

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 07-08-2010 4:21 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

foam rings- good hifi on ebay

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)