in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-05-2010 1:39 PM by Raeuber. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2010 5:42 AM

HDR1 with 10-40 B&) TV

Hi,

Have just upgraded my Advant TV to a B&O 10-40 but am having trouble getting the TV to see the HDR1.  At the moment the HDR1 TV scart socket is connected to AV2 on the 10-40 with AV2 selected on the BE0 4 by the VMem button.  When VMem is selected the TV screen display  is blank apart from VMem displayed on top of picturem.

Have spoken to the dealer but they could not help, wanted me to by a new PVR.  My question is, is the 10-40 compatible with the HDR1?, do I need to get the dealer out to install any new firmware?.

Thanks,

Delboy one

• 06-30-2010 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: HDR1 with 10-40 B&) TV

Hi DelboyOne,

I think the HDR1 is compatible with BV10-40, I use the HDR2 at my BV10-40 without any problems. Another member in German Forum has a BV8-40 (same software as BV10-40) together with a HDR1, also without problems.

It is recommended to connect the HDR1/2 to AV4. If you do so, the HDR1/2 will be registered automaticly as V.MEM (without any possibility to change because "V.MEM" at AV4 is greyed out.

Do you have the actual software on your BV10-40? My BV10-40 was updated to Build 109e before I have got the HDR2 on Ebay yesterday.

Good luck!

Regards

Räuber

• 06-30-2010 5:12 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

DelboyOne:

At the moment the HDR1 TV scart socket is connected to AV2 on the 10-40 with AV2 selected on the BE0 4 by the VMem button. 

B&O recommendations :

AV2
    1 x 21 pin scart 1 way AVL data, CVBS in/out, auto Y/C detect, RGB, Pin 8 sense
    Main usage is: High quality video signals YC or Y Pb Pr from DVD or STB decoder

AV4
    1 x 21 pin scart 2 way AVL data, CVBS in/out, Audio in/out, RGB, Pin 8 sense
    Main usage is: B&O DVD, HDR1 or HDR2

• 07-03-2010 10:18 AM In reply to

Hi Rauber and Vienna,

Many thanks too you both for info, will try it in the next couple of days to see what happens.  Will let you know the outcome as soon as I have had time to try it.

Regards Delboyone.

• 07-04-2010 7:19 AM In reply to

Hi Rauber and Vienna,

Just looked at connecting the HDR1 to the AV4 scart socket on the 10-40, but at the moment AV4 is being used by a Sky+ box.  As I have stopped my subscription to Sky the record and playback function of the sky+ box will be disabled about mid July, hence my thoughts about getting the HDR1 to work.  Would it be possible to Daisy Chain the Sky+ box and the HDR1 so they both use the AV4 socket?  I know this is possible with non B&O equipment but unsure how the 10-40 would detect both the HDR1 and Skybox connected to AV4.  The ideal solution after mid July would be to use the Sky+ box as a STB with the HDR1 so that I can record digital TV Channels.

As the information on the 10-40 is very limited in the user manual perhaps you cold explain how new eqipment is reqestered by the 10-40 as there does not seem any manual way of deciding which Beo 4 function is attributed to which AV socket.  Also does the 10-40 have an equipment data base, or does a specifc piece of equipment have to be added by downloading the relevant data from a laptop equipped with the correct software by a B&O technician.  Thank you for your help, but my dealer is very reluctant to discuss any of these points, all they want is for me to buy a new PVR or charge £70-00 for a call out to look at the problem.

Thanks again.

Delboyone.

• 07-04-2010 10:13 AM In reply to

Hi Delboyone,

until mid July I would connect the HDR1 to AV4. HDR1 will be automaticly registered as VMEM and you can use your HDR1 by pressing VMEM on Beo4. You can´t connect the Sky+ Box also to AV4, so you have to use another AV-socket (AV1 or AV2 if the Sky+ Box is connected via scart). Please assign the AV1 or AV2 socket in the connection menue with the same settings as AV4 before, so the Sky+ Box should work like before.

When you assign an AV socket, you determine by which Beo4 key (or softkey) the attached unit will react by Beo4. If the unit is not B&O (p.e. Sky+ Box) you will also have to use the PUC by attaching a PUC cable from BV10 to the infrared eye of the unit.

Hope I could help you a little bit and sorry for my unperfect english because I am german.

Regards

Räuber 

• 07-04-2010 10:52 AM In reply to

Hi Rauber,

Thank you for the information, I will try connecting the HDR1 and sky box as you suggest in the next 2 or 3 days, will let you know how I get on.

Do not worry about your English, it is very good, wish my German was as good.

Thank you.

Delboyone

• 07-05-2010 10:39 AM In reply to

Hi Rauber,

Just tried connecting the HDR1 to AV4 on the 10-40 TV and it worked as you predicted.  Also connected the Sky+ box to AV2 on TV and that also worked without any problems.

Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated.

Take care.

Best Regards.

Delboyone

• 07-05-2010 1:39 PM In reply to

That´s fine, congratulations!

I would also give thanks to your dealer for his great customer support...

/Räuber

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)