in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-24-2010 3:49 AM by Hangglider. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2010 5:04 AM

N.Radio: Connections problems

Hi,

Last week I replaced my old notebook with Windows XP with a new one and Windows7-64. Then I installed the latest Beoplayer and Beoport software. Everything seemed to work. I had several thousands of radio stations again.

After using N.Radio, I noticed, that Beoplayer could not connect quite many radio stations, but it was not reproducable. Sometimes it could not connect, 10 minutes later it worked again. I took my old notebook and started Beoplayer, but with this system it works perfectly. Both PC`s are on the same LAN and the internet rights are identical as well.

Yesterday, I noticed following:
    If a radio station can not be connected, and I do a quick change of the station with `arrow down` and immediately an `arrow up`, then it works.

Does anyone have similar problems?

Thanks in advance,

hangglider

• 06-29-2010 6:27 AM In reply to

Re: N.Radio: Connections problems

Yep - the same here, but with Win7 32 bit. Smile

• 06-29-2010 10:47 AM In reply to

Did you get any information or workaround from Beocare?

• 07-05-2010 12:11 PM In reply to

Here the answer from Beocare:

Dear Mr. Streule.

We are pleased to see that you are the owner of BeoPort, but we are sorry that you are having problems with it.
    We can inform you that your computer has to be on in order to receive the radio stations.

Kind regards,
    Bang & Olufsen a/s

What are they thinking, when the write such an answer?!? Do they think we are absolutely crazy?

Hangglider

• 08-09-2010 1:11 PM In reply to

Hi,

after the answer from Beocare, I tried to make little pressure and sent them another email. They passed the information to the development department.

Today, I got the a new response:

Dear Mr. Streule.

We refer to our previous correspondence concerning BeoPort, and we have now received a feedback from the responsible department.
    We must inform you that we do not have any plans to change the problem you have described below.

Kind regards,
    Bang & Olufsen a/s

Is this the kind of business B&O is doing today? If Yes, I will think about to sell the whole house setup.

Regards,

Hangglider

• 08-09-2010 5:57 PM In reply to

Unbelievable (maybe the email suffers from their very formal usage of english)

I can understand your frustration given the financial investments you have made over the years

By contrast Philippe and I worked on Saturday and Sunday to isolate and fix a bug in the use of the PUC to drive the LinkPlayer / PLEX interface so that Cliff could have a better user experience

No one pays us for that, it's all part of the Beoworld culture of friendship and service we have for one another

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-10-2010 2:20 PM In reply to

Hi elephant,

In the meantime I calmed down (at least a bit). Finally, Beoworld is one important reasons not to sell the devices. You are right, this is certainly the best forum I know. For all my previous problems I got a solution with help of you members.

So, regarding this Beoport problem I try to find another solution. I know from my dealer, that Beoport is a low priority product. Of course, B&O prefers selling a Beomaster instaed of the Beoport. I`m sure, this is not the way I will go. Now I start evulating a new audio product. Maybe Sonos...

Thanks and best regards,

Hangglider

• 08-10-2010 6:08 PM In reply to

Hangglider:
    Of course, B&O prefers selling a Beomaster instaed of the Beoport. I`m sure, this is not the way I will go. Now I start evulating a new audio product.

Take a look at Philippe's LinkPlayer ... borrow a Mac and have a go on his try-before-you-buy approach

and with an iPhone or iPad it's even cooler => http://web.me.com/philrobin/LinkPlayer/LinkRemote.html

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-11-2010 2:31 AM In reply to

I`ll do that.

I just recognised, that Linkplayer is also capable to access all sources in the room where Beoport is. I always thought, that I'm only able to use N.MUSIC and N.RADIO and does not have any access to CD, DTV and so on.

With this feature, it could really be a very good replacement for the Beoplayer! In combination with my Ipad, it would even be much more comfortable.

Thanks and best regards,

Hangglider

• 08-11-2010 9:19 AM In reply to

Hangglider:

I`ll do that.

I just recognised, that Linkplayer is also capable to access all sources in the room where Beoport is. I always thought, that I'm only able to use N.MUSIC and N.RADIO and does not have any access to CD, DTV and so on.

With this feature, it could really be a very good replacement for the Beoplayer! In combination with my Ipad, it would even be much more comfortable.

Thanks and best regards,

Hangglider

My pleasure !

• 10-14-2010 2:46 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

We discovered we had the same problem when we upgraded from XP to Win 7 - 64.  We lost access to a number of stations, including our favorite SWISS POP.

I spoke with a number of B&O sales and technicians, all with no solution. I also contacted a few of the radio stations directly, with the same result.

Our solution is to just use the PC directly and listen to the radio as a favorite. This of course means that there is no usage, or need of the BEOPLAYER N.RADIO feature.

Not a very satisfactory answer of course, but one hopes for a better solution to come from B&O. Perhaps with Beonet.

• 10-23-2010 6:31 PM In reply to

• Yendys
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 100
    • Founder

I thought it was just me. I have same issue from 3 windows 7 32 bit PCs. They must get this fixed

BV10, AvantDVD, BS3000, BL8000, BL6000, BL4000, BL3500, BeoPorts, BC9300, BC7002, CX100s, C75s, Beo4s, BC6000s, LC2s, A9, A8s,

• 10-24-2010 1:30 AM In reply to

• ulo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-26-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi. I experience the same problem on Windows Vista.

I thought it was caused by the later versions of Beoport/Beoplayer software, so I installed an old version 4.x of Beoport. Unfortunately the exact same problem.

Regards

/Ulo

• 11-23-2010 7:06 AM In reply to

Hi,

I got following information from Beocare:

Dear Mr. Streule.

We refer to our previous correspondence concerning BeoPort, and we have now received a change in priorities.

We are planning to correct this in an upcoming release of BeoPort planned to be released in February 2011.

Best regards/Med venlig hilsen

Benny Machon

Market Quality Coordinator.
    Global Service

Bang & Olufsen a/s
    Peder Bangs Vej 15
    P.O. box 40
    DK-7600 Struer

• 11-24-2010 12:50 AM In reply to

I use LinkPlayer which is wonderful for all sorts of functionality.

Nonetheless, with regards to your upgrade from XP to Win-7: please realize that BeoPort is 10-year old tech, like (presumably) much of your B&O kit.  Just like one might not expect a BeoCord to fully integrate with the latest B&O equipment, one should realize that whatever computer worked with B&O, that's the computer that's contemporary to your B&O.

We have several Macs.  The Mac connected to BeoPort is set to never update.  It is "frozen in time".  I will only update it if/when Phil (the creator of Linkplayer) advises me to update.  Otherwise, it will stay with its current version until it dies, or until my B&O stuff dies.

Our other Macs are set to auto-update on a periodic basis and we always purchase the latest systems and software.  But they are not part of the MasterLink network.

• 11-24-2010 3:49 AM In reply to

XavierItzmann:

I use LinkPlayer which is wonderful for all sorts of functionality.

Nonetheless, with regards to your upgrade from XP to Win-7: please realize that BeoPort is 10-year old tech, like (presumably) much of your B&O kit.  Just like one might not expect a BeoCord to fully integrate with the latest B&O equipment, one should realize that whatever computer worked with B&O, that's the computer that's contemporary to your B&O.

We have several Macs.  The Mac connected to BeoPort is set to never update.  It is "frozen in time".  I will only update it if/when Phil (the creator of Linkplayer) advises me to update.  Otherwise, it will stay with its current version until it dies, or until my B&O stuff dies.

Our other Macs are set to auto-update on a periodic basis and we always purchase the latest systems and software.  But they are not part of the MasterLink network.

I agree, Beoplayer is a pretty old tool and I would even accept if B&O would officially communicate NOT to support it in combination with Windows 7. But as long as they officially sell and support it, I can expect that it works.

I also did not update the Beoplayer-PC for several years, but few months ago, first parts failed and I had to replace it. So I tried to a find a new Notebook with XP, but I could not get one. Today you only get PCs with Windows 7.

Anyway, a Mac with Linkplayer is certainly the better solution. I just ordered the new Mac mini which will be used only for the Masterlink integration. 

Best regards,

Hangglider

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)