in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-27-2010 5:30 AM by tournedos. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-27-2010 4:36 AM

MX4000 keeps turning itself on and off

Hi Everyone:

My MX4000 keeps turning itself off and on when its in standby mode and switches in andout of "V.Tape" - a Freeview box is connected to this. This doesn't happpen regularly enough for it to be an electronic fault (in my opinion) as it happens iregularly say once or twice every  few hours. Last night (this is my bedroom TV) it switched itself on about five times durung the night.

The TV is situated in a flat designed to look like a coach house and the bedroom is effectively over the arch that cars drive through. This is gated and it has a remote gate beeper needed to open it - perhaps this is interfering with it.

Does anyone know what to suggest to resolve this (other than turn it off using the button on the TV).

Thanks

Graham

• 06-27-2010 4:42 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: MX4000 keeps turning itself on and off

Had the same problem with my BV3-32 when I had a Philips DVD recorder connected to it. It would turn itself on to the RF connection (TV). Or if you were watching another source it would also turn over. Never found out why this happened, but changed the DVD in the end.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-27-2010 4:50 AM In reply to

Try unplugging the Freeview  box from mains and see it if still happens.

-mika

• 06-27-2010 5:10 AM In reply to

Hi guys;

Thanks for your very quick reples - the Freeview box is also Philips maybe as b&o and Philips probably have some components in common this is why it does it - I will try and disconnect it and see if it works. It definitely sounds like this is the problem.

Thanks

Graham

• 06-27-2010 5:30 AM In reply to

If having the box "not there" solves the problem, it should be because of the SCART control voltage from it coming and going for some reason, and therefore confusing the MX.

Then you can try disconnecting pin 8 from the SCART lead (or as a reversible fix, wrap a piece of hard tape over pin 8 in the SCART plug to isolate it, it should last a couple of insertions). The MX doesn't support aspect ratio control anyway so the signal isn't really needed for anything.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)