in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-01-2010 11:24 AM by Large48. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2010 3:31 AM

BeoLink / MasterLink Question????

Hi all,

Is it possible to have two separate music systems connected to a BV7 via ML to play music through the TV's speaker setup?

Current there is a BS9000 connected to the BV7 via ML and this works fine.

Now if I add a second one, e.g. a BS5500 stack with the Beolink SW etc, can I set that up to work as well?

So two parts to the question.

1. Is it possible to connect the BS5500 with the correct adaptor, a 1611 perhaps?

2. If only one of the music systems will ever be powered on at any time will it work if I use the small ML (5 or 6 port?) connecter box to connect both through to the TV?

Sorry for what seems a simple question!

Cheers

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

Filed under:
  • 06-24-2010 8:04 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoLink / MasterLink Question????

Is the BeoSound9000 in the same room as the BeoVision7?

Do you have Powerlink connected to the BeoSound9000?

It is possible to run the BeoSound9000 as a slave if you have powerlink and masterlink connected to it, although it only allows independent operation in that local room. I don't think the BeoSystem5500 has this option and therefore it would need to remain as the audio master and therfore available on the whole link system.

I pondered suggesting connecting the BeoSystem5500 to the Aux input of the BeoSound9000 but you wouldn't have remote operation of it.

Not sure if that helps or just poses more questions Whistle

Opman

• 06-24-2010 8:57 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

If you want your BS5500 as a local source in a linkroom, you can do that using a Beolink active (with IR eye) in the linkroom, where your BS5500 is located and connect the Powerlink out to Audio Aux Link in of the BM5500. You will need a special cable.

Set the BS5500 to A.OPT 1 (or 2) and BL-active to L.OPT 4.

Now you can control your BS5500 by RADIO, CD, TAPE, PHONO.

And you can control your BS9000 by pressing LINK-RADIO, LINK-CD...Press first A.AUX to power up the BM5500 and activate the audio port.

BV7 can be controled in the same way: LINK-DTV LINK-V.MEM....

Maybe it even works with a BL video connected to audio aux link of your BM5500. If you press CD, BG5500 will start. If you press LINK-CD, BS9000 starts up. Video sources in the main room can be controled just by TV, DTV...ATTENTION: this works with my old (one way) BM4500, but didn`t work - unfortunately! - with my BM7000.

Stefan

• 06-24-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

Ok just to clarify, all three are in the same room.

Current is BS9000 - ML - BV7 and all works great it plays through the speaker setup of the TV.

If I put in a junction ML box in and do BS5500 AUX - 1611 (ML) - junction box - BV7.

Only either the BS9000 or the BS5500 will be powered on (not active all the time) if I set the BS5500 (SW 2.3) up to the same option as the BS9000 it may / should work?

Does that make it clearer?

• 06-24-2010 9:21 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes, clearer now. But won`t work, because your system will alway detect two CDs, two RADIOs, two A.TAPEs...on the Masterlink and will activate both.

That`s why two audiomasters in a masterlinksystem don`t work.

Stefan

• 06-25-2010 6:43 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

stefan:

Yes, clearer now. But won`t work, because your system will alway detect two CDs, two RADIOs, two A.TAPEs...on the Masterlink and will activate both.

Stefan

What if they were switched off at the mains supply so that they were not even in stand by when not in use?

• 06-25-2010 8:08 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

CraigB:

stefan:

Stefan

What if they were switched off at the mains supply so that they were not even in stand by when not in use?

Yes, should work. I never tried that. Maybe even an AB switch on the ML would work, that just switches PIN 1-2 (data) coming from the BV from A = BL converter 1611/BS5500 to B = BS9000.

Stefan

• 06-25-2010 8:39 AM In reply to

I was hoping that with the fact they where powered off would make no difference to the BV and if both the BS's where set the same  then hopefully it would all work.

Maybe I should try and set it up and see if it works.

• 07-01-2010 11:24 AM In reply to

Ok set it all up

BV7 - ML junction box - 1 - BS9000

2 - BS5500

Set the options up on the BS5500 and viola it works!

So if either of the BS9000 or BS5500 are switched on they will play through the TV speaker setup.

BTW and BS5500 also plays through the locally attached speakers as well!

So in theory you could have 7.2 plus four Pentalabs........ ;-)

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)