in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-27-2010 9:17 AM by jasper66. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-23-2010 6:52 AM

Transporting a BV7 40

I am in the process of moving house and I need to dismantle and pack up my BV7 40. It is on the motorised floor stand. 

Has anyone got instructions on how to do this? I am unclear how to undo the TV from the stand and also what orientation to transport it in. Should it be kept upright or can it be placed face down on the screen?

My local dealer in Winchester has been unable to help - short notice - but I am disappointed in their response.

Any help very gratefully received.

Thanks... Murray.

• 06-23-2010 8:29 AM In reply to

Re: Transporting a BV7 40

i would definately wrap it in some bubble wrap and transport it up right not face down, unfortunately i don't own this tv but for transportation thats how i would look into transporting it.

hopefully some other people on this forum should be able to help when it comes to dismantling the motorised stand.

• 06-23-2010 9:07 AM In reply to

There's a LONG allan key required to get the TV off the stand, the setup isn't really strong enough to move it all together.

The TV can be moved flat, face UP with lots of packing underneath to support the sides, etc.

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 06-23-2010 9:15 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Hi Murray

The screen is secured to the floor stand by two allen screws one above the other. If you look from behind betwen the two poles you will see them. Ideally you need a long Allen key. Once the screws are removed, you need to slightly tilt the screen away from the poles and lift it up & off the stand.

The BeoLab7.2 sits on a mounting tray and should also have two screws securing it in place. These are un done from underneath the tray. If on the other hand you have a BeoLab7.4, the retaining screws are on the rear of the cabinet and once removed the speaker lifts up & off.

It is safe to transport the LCD screen face down (plasma screen should always be transported in teh upright position). Besides the onvious precautions to avoid scratches, be very careful not to catch the DVD drawer. If it snags on the floor it pops off and is a pain to re afix.

Hope that helps

Opman

• 06-23-2010 10:23 AM In reply to

remember not to lift the tv by holding the front screen,also becareful of the two cooling fans on the bottom of the tv when lifting!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 06-23-2010 10:29 AM In reply to

Very interesting tips, as I have asked myself the same question when I move my 7-40.

Am a bit surprised by the shops inability to help - especially since I read that B&O has said they need to strengthen their shops.

(This is in Danish only: http://www.business.dk/brancher/bo-skal-have-staerkere-butikker)

• 06-23-2010 10:31 AM In reply to

I don't know if its different with your dealer but I can call mine and ask for the original packaging.

Did this as I sold a pair of BL8000 without having the box and he gave me a mint packaging even without any charge...

Regards

Stephan

• 06-23-2010 12:11 PM In reply to

Hi Stephan,

Unfortunately not the same with my dealer. They installed my BV7 and BL800's and removed the packaging. When I asked for packaging this time I was told that they would charge me for it and it would take at least a week to come! I don't have a week, hence my mild panic.

Regards... Murray.

• 06-23-2010 12:14 PM In reply to

Hi Opman,

Thanks very much for your comprehensive reply. I feel very confident doing it myself now.

Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions and advice too.

Best regards... Murray.

• 06-23-2010 1:24 PM In reply to

Let us all know how you get on!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 06-23-2010 4:16 PM In reply to

Disgusting response as reported by the franchised dealer - unbelivable in fact.

Long handled allen key, release the two hex screws at the back of the stand mounting.  Release all cables including motorised stand cable.  Two people need to support the screen at either end, under the metal and not the glass, lift out and then up.

BV7-40's will travel fine on their backs on a polystyrene raft so long as they are secured and then covered - no need to break down the stand.

Get a new Dealer - charge for the packing?  You've paid for it!  Straight on the phone to B&O to complain.

• 06-23-2010 5:17 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

KingOfSnake:

charge for the packing?  You've paid for it!

... yes, the packing belongs to you!
    BUT: If you want to keep it - you'll have to store it yourself!

Every dealer will be happy if customers keep the packing
    material and he has not to care about and pay for waste disposal!

If you don't want to keep it - you'll have to pay for new packing
    - there is nothing wrong in it

• 06-24-2010 7:06 AM In reply to

" If you don't want to keep it - you'll have to pay for new packing - there is nothing wrong in it "

I don't see it that way, at the cost of the B&O products, I expect this as a goodwill or service from your dealer.

Mine told me a BL8000 packaging is 20 Euros but in the same sentence he said that they don't charge it.

Its nice to have, they don't need to do it like that but somewhere I expect that from a good dealer and reward such small things with

new orders ... simple as that

Regards

Stephan

• 06-27-2010 9:17 AM In reply to

I'm not sure if we are allowed to name dealers on here so I won't.  My dealer has always removed the packaging, however, he always makes it available whenever I need it, at no charge.  I have moved approximately 6 times in the last 7 years or so.  Sometimes the equipment is stored in warehouse facilities until my accomadation is avaible and my dealer never bats an eyelid at the items being away for months at a time before he receives the boxes back.

I totally recomend their help with everything they have done; be it requests for boxes, help on self set up, help on choices when buying new equipment, etc.  They've made my B&O experience a doddle. 

Good luck on the move, it isn't that hard to dismantle once you look at it logically and follow the instructions detailed above.  Just don't try to lift it on your own.  I did, as I was impatient waiting for a friend to come to assist me.  Luckily, I managed to hook the 40" screen on to the stand the first attempt.  Don't know how I would have managed if I hadn't as I was at the point of no return due to the weight and bulk.  I could hardly move and probably would have trapped my fingers attempting to put it down. or worse still, dopped & damaged the screen.  

Live & learn lol 

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.

George Best

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)