in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-19-2010 11:48 AM by CraigB. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2010 5:23 AM

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Can I?

I have a BV7-40 mk1,  a Beosound 3200, BL8000's  and BL6000's, at the moment the BL8000's are on the BV7 and the BL6000's are on the BS3200.

Can I? Connect all the speakers to the BV7 to enable the surround sound, link the BS3200 to the BV7 via Masterlink and If we used both at the same time (sometimes my Autistic son likes to watch the tv whilst the missus is listening to music when doing the housework) could I have the tv sound coming from the BL8000's whilst the music is coming from the BL6000's?

Wierd request I know, but I would like to use the BV7 in surround sound whilst working around this perculiar senario Big Smile

• 06-19-2010 7:34 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Can I?

Hello Craig

It is NOT possible to have different sources playing through front & rear speakers at the same time.

It IS possible to have a video source (TV,DTV,DVD etc) on the screen and an audio source (radio, CD etc) playing through all of the speakers.

It is also possible to have the TV on with full surround sound and the audio from the Beosound3200 playing at the same time in a link room.

Opman

• 06-19-2010 8:48 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Opman:

Hello Craig

It is NOT possible to have different sources playing through front & rear speakers at the same time.

It IS possible to have a video source (TV,DTV,DVD etc) on the screen and an audio source (radio, CD etc) playing through all of the speakers.

It is also possible to have the TV on with full surround sound and the audio from the Beosound3200 playing at the same time in a link room.

Opman

Thank you Opman, I think the best solution would be to put a little link speaker in one end of the room i.e BL2000 or 3500 for the missus to play music from.

Excellent reply though Opman thanks again Smile

• 06-19-2010 9:14 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

My wife created her own "mobile Beolink system" for this purpose, listening to her own stuff independantly from all the other audio sources in the house. It`s called "A8" and contains Beo`s A8 headphones and an ipod.

Fastened to the belt she can move around all over the house and the garden having always the same sound and without being disturbed. A very simple and effective solution, I think...

If she wants to listen to the ipod in her room (office) she places the ipod into the ridax docking station connected to her BC9500. The ipod can now be controled with a BL7000/Beo4.

Maybe this helps......

Stefan

• 06-19-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

I've already tried that approach Stefan, She always felt too isolated from the kids when she was wearing the head phones, don't get me wrong she doesn't have it on loud but she does like to have some music playing as she goes about the chores.

I think i will just get a BL2000 to place in the other end of the living room, this issue has only come about because I want surround sound on the BV7 Smile

• 06-19-2010 10:28 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

CraigB:

I've already tried that approach Stefan, She always felt too isolated from the kids when she was wearing the head phones, don't get me wrong she doesn't have it on loud but she does like to have some music playing as she goes about the chores.

I think i will just get a BL2000 to place in the other end of the living room, this issue has only come about because I want surround sound on the BV7 Smile

Right. If you connect a linksystem (BL2000/35000, BL active..)in the mainroom, set the system to L.OPT 4 to avoid problems with double commands. You have to press LINK before pressing a source button.

Anothe way coulde be to connect additional Beolabs to the BS and set the BS to A.OPT 1 and your BV7 to V.OPT 1. Now you cantrol both as separated systems. If you want RADIO/CD sound on your BV7 speakers just press AV - RADIO/CD...

Stefan

• 06-19-2010 11:48 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

stefan:

Anothe way coulde be to connect additional Beolabs to the BS and set the BS to A.OPT 1 and your BV7 to V.OPT 1. Now you cantrol both as separated systems. If you want RADIO/CD sound on your BV7 speakers just press AV - RADIO/CD...

Stefan

Now that is a very good idea, Thanks Stefan Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)