in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-24-2010 7:26 PM by vikinger. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2010 2:50 AM

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Beosound 3

There is a Beosound 3 for sale albeit without it's charging cable so here are 2 questions.

1. Has anyone tried these and are what's your opinion of them. How much would you consider for a used 3 without it's charging cable?

2. Pending i buy this how hard would it be to get a cable. I don't want to buy a radio for say £100 only then to have to pay B&O £250 for a cable! Again any ideas?

Regards Chris

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 06-18-2010 7:28 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 3

Hi Chris,

I saw this too but would question why he has no cable for it?  Also, as it's sold as untested, if it doesn't work it may cost an unknown amount to repair.  A replacement cable should be cheap even from a dealer I'd have thought.

Good luck if you buy it.

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 06-18-2010 7:58 AM In reply to

A portable music system without any of the stuff it should come with? Unless there's proof of ownership or some feasible explanation ("lost during a move" seems popular, but really isn't one), I would automatically suspect it to be stolen property...

As the charging cable isn't just a cable but contains a power supply as well, I'm afraid it can' be that cheap to buy - but the price for that should be one phone call away (I'm not going to make it though Big Smile )

-mika

• 06-18-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Got a message back saying he could not take any pictures of it as his camera was broken! And it wasn't his originally so he didn't have any leads or know if it even works!

Ummmm

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 06-18-2010 5:42 PM In reply to

Apropos people taking pictures of goods for sale on the internet, I read a report last night (in our local free "newspaper") that someone had posted pictures of what they were selling, the police saw that the sellers had was included in the picture, they did image processing to extract the pattern of whorls and rang a data base search, identified the seller as a know "person of interest" and arrested him and returned the goods being sold to their rightful owner

Sounds too good a story, almost like an urban myth ! 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-20-2010 5:10 PM In reply to

if the touch plate on the top is gone, you should budget £100 for replacement ... thats what mine cost me!!!

• 06-23-2010 12:46 PM In reply to

Looking at that seller's feedback combined with the use of 'Private' bidding for previous sales, I'd be rather suspicious.

Am I alone in thinking that eBay Private bidding helps facilitate the sale of stolen goods?

But the bidding has reached £180 at the time of this writing.

Re Elephant's tale on identifying a thief, there was a case like this in the UK on the news last week where someone had put a number of stolen wrist-watches onto his hand to photograph them for selling on eBay. The police managed to use his palm print to convict him.

Graham

EDIT Maybe there's time to ask for the serial number and follow-up the original ownership with B&O? At least that way you either bid for a bona fide item with a clear conscience or possibly get someone convicted of theft or handling stolen goods! (Wouldn't put any money on getting a reply from the seller at this stage though!)

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 06-23-2010 1:46 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I agree and the fact that people would bid straight to £180 doesn't make sense.

Am desperate to get some more B&O in my life but not that desperate. Sold it to the wife on the strength that it has a clock!!!!! Bit shallow but thats being a bounder for you :-)

• 06-23-2010 6:12 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Chris, it's best to not discuss potential purchases with other halves. Buy it first, keep it hidden then announce that you've had it for ages.Whistle

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 06-24-2010 7:26 PM In reply to

Sold for £196! No charger. No guarantee. Of questionable origin. Not returnable. The only good message from this is that B&O items in current production can retain an astonishingly high value in the most adverse circumstances.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)