in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-21-2010 6:04 AM by CraigB. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2010 3:20 PM

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

BV7 problems with HD

Following on from my earlier thread regarding Sky Hd and a BV7-40 (Mk1? 9354) (HERE), The Sky HD did not work when used with the HDMI to DVI connector. As a result my father gets rather upset about the BV7 not being like a normal tv and swaps it with me for an LG 42" Plasma, Nice inexpensive set but no where near as beautiful as the BV7 I have now Big Smile Happy days!

Well not quite happy days, I have tried to connect a PS3 through both the DVI (using the HDMI to DVI converter plug) and via a component cable, please see the picture below of what I get on screen. It is basically a very small screen that has lines all over it. To get this screen ai had the settings as PC with HDTV switched to YPbPr

Does anybody know why?

I went into the service menu and I have the following details:

AP SW 6.2

IOP SW22.0

STB TABLE 3.5

STAT DISP SW 1.0

does any of this make sense?

• 06-17-2010 3:22 PM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7 problems with HD

Reading through THIS THREAD could it be just a software upgrade that's required? or worse still reading the last post on that thread are some of these sets not HD at all?

• 06-18-2010 5:03 PM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Can anyone help with this please?

• 06-19-2010 2:24 AM In reply to

Hi, Im sorry to say this but looking at your software AS 6, The TV is not HD ready, so you will have to arrange a HD upgrade from a dealer! in order to see HD images through the DVI port.

Regards Douglas C

• 06-19-2010 5:10 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply Douglas, Would this upgrade be in the shape of a software or Hardware upgrade?

I can understand my fathers frustration at this television now, only B&O would charge £8,500 for a tv and then expect you to pay to make it do what it should straight from the box. when my grandad originally bought this set, I had just purchased a Panasonic 37" Plasma for roughly £600, that set is in my kids room now and works 100% with everthing we plug into it, no quibbles at all. Modern B&O is so annoying, It's great that they can be upgraded but this should only be (in my eyes) in an effort to keep the sets in line with technology not on the fundamental package which in my opinion should have included HD in one shape or form.

My Avant was 16 years old before it was replaced and I never called B&O out to it once, in fact that set is still in use by my brother some 23 years after it was built.

Sorry for moaning guy's, I know you all love B&O, as I do but most of the folks I know are more impressed by my Beosystem 5500 with Beogram 5005 and MK1 Pentas (with displays working Big Smile ) than any of my newer equipment.

• 06-19-2010 7:36 AM In reply to

Hi Craig ,

The update is a Hardware & software one, not cheap but worth it in my opinion Its still a super set!

I had my MKII updated to AS 30.03 and now have 4 STB controllers & Im able to switch off the TV tuner & use the TV button for something else!

Regards D.C

• 06-19-2010 9:53 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

I found this on the B&O site, so I'm assuming that's what I need.

HD-ready kit    Type 4370 (part no. 1437000)

Any idea on cost Douglas? Before I lube up and call my local B&O store Surprise

Thanks for your help thus far Douglas

• 06-19-2010 11:43 AM In reply to

Hi, Im pretty sure this will cost over 500 quid, but perhaps your dealer could do a better deal! There are ways of getting B&O parts, installing them yourself and then getting the dealer to flash update when the hardware is installed. 

Regards D.C 

• 06-19-2010 11:56 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Thanks again Douglas, when you say there are ways of getting B&O parts, do you mean outside of the dealer network i.e cheaper?

• 06-20-2010 7:24 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Douglas :

Hi, Im sorry to say this but looking at your software AS 6, The TV is not HD ready, so you will have to arrange a HD upgrade from a dealer! in order to see HD images through the DVI port.

Regards Douglas C

Sorry Douglas, I'd missed the bit about HD through the DVI port. Just to clarify but probably not change the out come or need for the HD add on module, the small scrambled picture in my first post was acheived with my PS3 through the Component sockets, I can't get any output at all when connected to the DVI.

• 06-20-2010 12:18 PM In reply to

Hi, the component socket is analogue therefore you got some sort of image, how did you connect the ps3 ?

Best thing is to phone your dealer and ask about the upgrade, they should be able to tell you straight away on the phone!

Why dont you ask a dealer about an exchange deal for a MII or MIII BV7-40

D.C

• 06-21-2010 3:34 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Douglas :

Hi, the component socket is analogue therefore you got some sort of image, how did you connect the ps3 ?

Good point D.C, I bought a Component cable for the PS3 from Maplin's as the only option I had for HDTV in the BV7's Menu was YPbPr. It was connected from the PS3's Multi-AV socket, which is usually just a composite connection.

Douglas :

Best thing is to phone your dealer and ask about the upgrade, they should be able to tell you straight away on the phone!

Why dont you ask a dealer about an exchange deal for a MII or MIII BV7-40

D.C

I was planning to call them today but as I was made redundant 6 weeks ago, we have put a hold on all non-essential purchases, I wonder how I can get this one under the radar Whistle

Thanks again D.C

• 06-21-2010 3:57 AM In reply to

CraigB:
    I was made redundant 6 weeks ago

sorry to hear that, hope it all works out for you

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-21-2010 4:42 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

elephant:

CraigB:
    I was made redundant 6 weeks ago

sorry to hear that, hope it all works out for you

Thanks Elephant, I'm sure things will pan out but it has obviously meant a re-jig of our financies. Aquiring the BV7 is the most positive feeling I've had in a while but funding the upgrade to HD will be difficult. It's a shame but if the BV7 was HD already then I would never have had the opportunity to trade my tv for it in the first place, so ever cloud and all that. Smile

• 06-21-2010 6:04 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Total cost appears to be £450 inc. updates and fitting for the 1437000 HD Ready kit.

Although I could buy a new 1080p HD Television for around the same money, It wouldn't have the beauty of the BV7. so I'm going to attempt to get the nod from SWMBO and take it from there, I may be selling some of my older B&O to fund this however but that would be a last resort.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)