in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-19-2010 11:44 AM by jk1002. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2010 10:37 AM

New Mac Mini

Dear All:

The new Mac Mini from Apple Computers now has an HDMI connector.  If connected to a BV 7 MkIII or IV, can it be controlled with Beo4 remote?

Thanks,

Dario

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 06-16-2010 10:41 AM In reply to

Re: New Mac Mini

Yes it can be controlled with the Beo 4 as it uses the same codes as the old mini.

The only thing that stops me from buying it is the possibility of HDCP implementation into the HDMI port.

If there is HDCP in the port, some contend cannot be played.

rgds

Stephan

• 06-16-2010 11:10 AM In reply to

I believe there is multiple version of the Apple Remote in the STB. The one that I have does support fast scrolling but doesn't support the "long" push on the play button which is used on the ATV for stand by or genius or something.

Basic up down left right fast up and down plus play and menu works though. I am not sure if there is an updated STB version.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-16-2010 11:29 AM In reply to

Stephan:

The only thing that stops me from buying it is the possibility of HDCP implementation into the HDMI port.

If there is HDCP in the port, some contend cannot be played.

rgds

Stephan

Are you sure about this?  Blu-Ray players have HDCP implementation in their HDMI ports as well, don't they?  Yet they play.  I'd be very surprised if the HDMI inputs of B&O video products didn't have proper HDCP support.

-- Paul

• 06-16-2010 12:19 PM In reply to

I am using my ATV through HDMI with my BV8, and it works even on Itunes rented videos that for sure are protected. I would think Mini Mac works just like that.

• 06-18-2010 10:51 PM In reply to

F... ! I just bought mine 7 weeks ago !

THe new mac mini will have blueray player ?

Mat

• 06-18-2010 11:57 PM In reply to

I took a look at one of them today at the Apple Store. It's beautiful with its aluminum casing.

The HDMI port, however, doesn't seem to make it any more useful than the old video adaptors did. The nature of the machine hasn't changed. It's still going to output either front-row or the desktop and does not have a blu-ray player. That's not to say that it isn't a clever set top box, but the HDMI isn't quite the exciting addition I first suspected. 

If I'm missing an angle on this, pipe up.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-19-2010 12:27 AM In reply to

I think the HDMI connection just makes it simpler to connect the mini to the vast majority of TVs instead of the separate audio/video....that's about it.  

• 06-19-2010 3:35 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

That's not to say that it isn't a clever set top box, but the HDMI isn't quite the exciting addition I first suspected. 

I don't understand this Trip. HDMI is just a connection method. The inclusion makes it easier to grab a cable and connect to your TV. You could install your own media center technology on the Mac Mini, use Front Row or use a wireless keyboard/mouse to show the desktop through your TV.

• 06-19-2010 4:03 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

matbkk:

F... ! I just bought mine 7 weeks ago !

THe new mac mini will have blueray player ?

Mat

Never, ever buy Apple products just before WWDC!

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 06-19-2010 4:25 AM In reply to

Apple products are release throughout the year now.

This page in french has RAG indicators that tell you if it is a good idea to buy and if it is urgent to wait...

http://www.mac4ever.com/news/

I created a clipping of it in my dashboard!

• 06-19-2010 11:44 AM In reply to

Pipe in: "The extra adapters were sort of extensive, added to the cable mess. The ones that can produce HDMI with digital sound and combine the video and audio out from the mini were only introduced recently I believe. Most only supported video and at least my BV8 does not have a digital audio in but can handle HDMI.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)