in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-16-2010 2:48 PM by beocool. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2010 7:11 AM

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Audi Sound Concept with 62 speakers in a Q7 (...)

Hi all,

just came across this;

Audi Sound Concept with 62 speakers in a Q7.

Audi partnership with B&O / Bose and Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology

have developed a prototype for a new audio system.

Read more

Source : worldcarfans

• 06-16-2010 2:44 PM In reply to

Re: Audi Sound Concept with 62 speakers in a Q7 (...)

To quote the source

Ignace:

"The system is inspired by the Linden Lichtspiele cinema in Ilmenau, Germany.  The theatre uses 192 speakers, and was designed around the concept "that a sound wave can be recreated by a multiplicity of small sound sources placed closely adjacent to one another along the wave front," according to a press release."

Made me think of that other thread of the US$6M home theatre ... maybe that guy was on to something after all ... no, wait ... they said "small sound sources" Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-16-2010 2:48 PM In reply to

Re: Audi Sound Concept with 62 speakers in a Q7 (...)

elephant:

To quote the source

Ignace:

"The system is inspired by the Linden Lichtspiele cinema in Ilmenau, Germany.  The theatre uses 192 speakers, and was designed around the concept "that a sound wave can be recreated by a multiplicity of small sound sources placed closely adjacent to one another along the wave front," according to a press release."

Made me think of that other thread of the US$6M home theatre ... maybe that guy was on to something after all ... no, wait ... they said "small sound sources" Laughing

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)