in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-20-2010 7:39 AM by jc. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2010 4:47 AM

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

Beocenter 2

Another question; a friend of mine is looking for a combined CD/DVD player to go with her Philips 42 inch LCD. Would the Beocenter 2 be a good choice? There is remarkable little discussion on this site about this particular Beocenter. The looks are great, the combination of CD/DVD sounds clever?  Recommended?

• 06-14-2010 6:10 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 2

Well I have one and like it a lot. However any DVD player will also play CDs and the BC2 cannot be regarded as a cheap solution! Clearly if she is using a Philips TV, one might suggest a Philips DVD player as there will no doubt be a single remote that will work both.

If she wants a BC2, get the later type with the audio feedback from the keys - without feedback, they are a little tricky to work out if they have worked. They are also not brilliant as far as working through DVD menus - the appendices in Lord of The Rings is a pain to go through and this is because of the menu system. the newer ones may be better.

No complaints on sound or picture quality though a Blu-ray player will be cheaper!!

• 06-14-2010 7:28 AM In reply to

As a proud owner of a BC 2, and as I originally used it with my old Hitachi 42" Plasma, I can say I love it, although I have the model without the audible feedback. The drawback, apart from the price is of course also the lack of blu-ray and as far as I know B&O will not extend that to it.
    In itself, the BC 2 is beautiful and I love the opening part. The menus I find easy to use, although a Beo 4 remote is recommended to go with it. There are some models out there rather cheap now so I'd recommend getting one though make sure it's the built-in DAB-version as this cannot be added afterwards.

• 06-14-2010 12:41 PM In reply to

I have one and love it. The trouble is that without a Beovision that has the digital surround built in it is a bit tricky to get surround with Beolabs if you want that. What speakers do you want to use?

I swear I am trying to switch to digital music with apple itouch remote and apple TV and just keep returning to putting the discs into the BC2 since it is just a pleasure to interact with.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-14-2010 4:45 PM In reply to

Of course I would recommend the Beocenter 2.  The looks are great and the operation of it is a visual joy.  I have had mine for about 6 years and have not had any problems.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 06-14-2010 5:08 PM In reply to

i have used both DVD1 and Bc2 with B&O TVs.

no blu-ray and b&o won't include it. if you want higher resolution films and sound forget it.

costs 8 times more than a sony blu-ray player which has one of the best blu-ray and DVD pictures out there (go for the Superbitmap chip). you can control it with a set-box unit and a b&o remote. i am very defensive of b&o and i love the Beocenter 2 design but i went non b&o on this one. a lot of dealers have gone don this route to show off blu=ray on their plasmas and lcds.

as for DAB radio well you could get a free-view box which can be hidden away. most can be controlled by a b&o remote with a set-top box controller.

Smile

• 06-19-2010 3:03 AM In reply to

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

What speakers my friend is planning to use?

Think about to advise either Beolab 4000, beolab 3 or beolab 8000 for both sound from the TV and music CD listening. Perhaps the 4000's are the "best buy".   

• 06-20-2010 7:39 AM In reply to

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

And what about the so called "upscaling" of the DVD? The beocenter 2 has no HDMI output, is that a real problem? When used next to a beovision 8-40, will the DVD be able to proces a good picture? Or is it beter to buy a sony blue ray as mentioned above, and make the beocenter 2 an audio-only version? What kind of  "set box" is ment above? Is the controller of a sony player incorporated in the beovision?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)