in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-25-2010 3:24 PM by Dillen. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2010 12:18 PM

Advice on Beocenter 7000

Hey everyone!

I come from the depths of the Audiokarma.org boards to ask you a specific B&O question that not many can answer over there, hoping you can shed some light.

I have a line on a Beocenter 7000, so the gentleman tells me, and he tells me that other than a broken hinge on the TT lid and a non-working tape recorder, the unit is in full working order. I asked him about the needle and stylus as I've heard these are very expensive to replace, and he said it looked and worked fine. 

One thing that puzzles me after reading his description is that he says it comes with the remote and two 'original' speakers. If I read correctly, only the Beocenter 7700 had a remote? Perhaps it was a simple typo. As for the speakers, were these units sold in 'home theatre packages' back in the day? Could anyone share some info on what speakers might have come with the unit? I realize that probably is a shot in the dark, but I'm too impatient for tomorrow night when I go and look at (and buy the unit).

He's asking $80 CAD for the unit, speakers and remote. I read that this is a pretty good deal so I'm making the drive to go check it out. What are your thoughts? I appreciate all advice!

Matt.

Filed under: ,
  • 06-13-2010 2:30 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Advice on Beocenter 7000

Matt, welcome to Beoworld !

The Beocenters 7000, 7002, 7007 and 7700 all came with remote control.
    The 7700 even had two-way remote.
    The price sounds fair and the tapedeck will need new belts (available as a set).
    It's a wonderful machine, great quality in all components.

Martin

• 06-13-2010 11:42 PM In reply to

Hey, thanks for the reply! I'm pretty excited to see the unit tomorrow. I'm especially interested in the speakers he has with them, crossing my fingers they are B&O and in good shape. I'll share some pictures when I get hold of the gear.

• 06-25-2010 10:34 AM In reply to

ARGH!

Somehow while moving things around, the balance fader on my Beocenter became undone and now the slider is super loose because it isn't actually moving the fader! It's stuck all the way to the left channel too! Please tell me that if I open the Beocenter up I'll get it back to the way it was??

• 06-25-2010 3:24 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Well, it depends.
    You don't know if the slider or potentiometer broke inside the Beocenter or it merely lost its grip.
    You will have to open it and check.
    Still, it's not a very easy task to reach the balance potentiometer.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)