in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-16-2010 6:46 AM by scottyltd. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2010 9:52 AM

Resetting Beo 5 channels

I posted this in the Beo 5 forum but no response. Maybe too basic of a question for that technical forum so am posting here also. I had some new programming done by my dealer who is 5 hours away. Most works fine but I have discovered that some of the channel icons are not set up correctly. There are several channels that all go to channel 1. It was my understanding that the channel number assigned to the icon is a user changeable function, without having the software to actually program the remote. I used the edit button and was able to change the assigned channel for three icons, that have a single digit channel number. My problem is that when I set the channel number for a 2 or 3 digit channel number, the remote seems to only send the first digit, not the second and third. Looking at the stored channel number in the edit menu all digits are present?  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-13-2010 12:59 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Re: Resetting Beo 5 channels

I assume you try to control an external box (digital/satellite) through the Beo5.

The way you describe is sounds like a problem with the PUC list controller. Have you checked that the correct box is selected in the puc controller settings?

Otherwise I think the 'delay' is adjustable with the Beo5 software, but not on the Beo5 itself.

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 06-13-2010 1:24 PM In reply to

Yes it is a satellite box I don't think it is the PUC. Everything worked fine before the Beo 5 was taken to the dealer for reprogramming. Also, everything works fine with the Beo 4 and Beo 5, except for a few channel icons on the Beo 5. I can use arrow keys to move up and down through channels. I can enter a channel number using the number keys and it will work fine. Also, most of the channels that I have icons for on the Beo 5 work fine. The ones that were not working were all programmed to channel 1. When pressed they would all switch the channel to 1.  I was able to use the EDIT button on the Beo 5 to change the channels to 4, 6, and 8 for three of the icons and those now work perfectly. 

But for instance, I need one of the icons to switch to channel 106. I use EDIT and input 106, and saved it. The display on the Beo 5 shows 106 as saved for that icon. The problem is that when I press the icon it only sends the signal for 1 and the TV changes to channel 1. Similarly if I program in a channel that starts with 2, it only sends a 2. Other channels such as 135 work fine. Pressing the icon for 135 causes the Beo 5 to send 1 3 5 and the channel responds correctly.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-16-2010 6:46 AM In reply to

email your problem to windsor@bang-olufsen.co.uk to the attention  Chris Hultman. make sure you also include serial number so he can access your configuration

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)