in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-14-2010 7:29 AM by Vienna. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2010 4:59 AM

ML Junction boxes small and large

So I'm at my local dealer to get a couple of junction boxes. They had the small one for $20AUD or so and then they had one marked "ML Junction Box, Large" for $38 or something. But the large one was nothing but a casing that you could put a small one in. On top of that, it was empty. It seemed sort of odd considering nowhere in the instructions did it imply that you'd need a small one and you'd have to stick it into the large one. On top of that, he pulled out 4 more and they were all empty. Is this right or did someone yank all the small junction parts out of the packages?
  • 06-11-2010 5:13 AM In reply to

Re: ML Junction boxes small and large

Not sure .... I have one that is inside a surrounding plastic container and it came as a single package -- the one I have has 6 ML ports

Might be like the B&O coasters ... different stores have different approaches as to how the sell them ... singles or packs

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-11-2010 9:16 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

dilznik:

So I'm at my local dealer to get a couple of junction boxes. They had the small one for $20AUD or so and then they had one marked "ML Junction Box, Large" for $38 or something. But the large one was nothing but a casing that you could put a small one in. On top of that, it was empty. It seemed sort of odd considering nowhere in the instructions did it imply that you'd need a small one and you'd have to stick it into the large one. On top of that, he pulled out 4 more and they were all empty. Is this right or did someone yank all the small junction parts out of the packages?

looks like somebody needed urgently some J-Boxes having forgotten to order ... Whistle

3375189 = Junction Box Lage ALWAYS includes a packing of J-Box small  3132170  and the housing (for 4 ML cables "Open End")
    3132170 = Junction Box small (for 4 ML cables "Open End")

If you can use Junction Box Lage - you should !!
    The small model has no real cable retention - and wires can cut themselves off when box beeing moved quite easily ... 

elephant:

Not sure .... I have one that is inside a surrounding plastic container and it came as a single package -- the one I have has 6 ML portsMight be like the B&O coasters ... different stores have different approaches as to how the sell them ... singles or packs

6 ML Inputs (sockets) = ML Distribuition Box 3634001 - to connect up to 6 cables terminated with ML-Plugs

PS:
    ... the use of ML Distribuition Box instead of / in combination with J-Boxes is extremly helpful during error/fault
    diagnostics - especially in larger ML-Systems.  In most of my installations I'm using ML Distribuition Boxes 3634001
    as well as Junction Boxes Lage 3375189 but NEVER J-Box small!!

• 06-13-2010 8:16 PM In reply to

Why don't dealers know this stuff? Seriously, how hard is it to keep on top of your inventory and to know what's what in your supply closet?
  • 06-14-2010 7:29 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

dilznik:

Why don't dealers know this stuff?

*g*  ... it should not be generalized ... :-)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)