in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-13-2010 1:26 PM by solderon29. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2010 7:53 PM

• s5l
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-10-2010
    • bern
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beosat RX

Hi,

I have an old Beosat RX satellite receiver which I want to use with a sony pvm monitor. For control I have an Beolink 1000 mk4.

When I connect the receiver via fbas (scart adapter) to the monitor and press SAT on the beolink, the device powers on, a picture apears and just after a second, it switches off again. The same happens if press the step button on the receiver. 

Does anyone have an idea what I can do? I already read the manual and searched the web,  but didn't find anything useful.

Thanks for the help!

stefan

• 06-12-2010 12:42 PM In reply to

Re: Beosat RX

What sort of dish configuration are you using?These old analogue receivers were designed to work with LNB's and seperate polorisers.If you use a modern "switching" type lnb,it could be triggering the set's overcurrent protection circuit.See if the receiver works without the dish connected?If it does,you will need a different type of lnb etc.

Great receivers when working,and there is still plenty of analogue broadcasting via Astra 1 group of satellites.

Regards,

Nick

• 06-12-2010 5:46 PM In reply to

• s5l
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-10-2010
    • bern
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

hi nick,

thanks for the response.

I already tried  to power the receiver without the dish connected but the same happens. I don't know which type of lnb is installed because its a shared configuration with 7 other apartments. But I think its a modern digital one.

Whats weird, is that when I push and hold the step button the receiver starts to browse through the programs till I release the button. I keep thinking that maybe a relais is broken inside the beosat, but the pre owner says that it has been working flawlessly all the time. 

regards,

stefan

• 06-13-2010 1:26 PM In reply to

I think there will be problem with the communal system,but only in as much that you won't be able to access all the channels.

Your immediate problem may be due to "data collision" via the scart cable.B&O use pin 8 of the scart port to communicate with a compatible B&O.In your case,using a Sony tv may be an initial problem.

Try disconnecting the scart cable,but use the rf connection from the Beosat instead.If the Beosat comes on ok,tune a spare preset of the tv in to view satellite.

If this works,you can then disconnect pin 8 of the scart cable in order to use the direct av connection,for best sound and picture.

There are various ways to  adapt the receiver to the dish feed available.

Regards,

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)