in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-14-2010 9:48 AM by PhilLondon. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2010 10:02 AM

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

BV9/BS3 and hidden MacMini

Looking for set-up and feedback what to do if i have a MacMini hidden in a closet and i want to controll this with the Beo5 - and not using the PUC code loaded onto my BV9 as this limits me to only the 5 Apple Remote buttons in the PUC and i wanted to use the Beo5's extra buttons to send commands from keyboard (like letters C, I, X, M etc) - to controll the Plex movie program.......

do i need to buy a "ir extender" to pull from the mini closer to the front of the BV9 or is there a way to let the BV9 send "raw" data of the IR commands it would receive from the Beo5?

thoughts appreciated

Grant me the serenity to accept the B&O I can't afford

• 06-10-2010 10:12 AM In reply to

Re: BV9/BS3 and hidden MacMini

Hi,

The IR receiver of the MacMini can only receive codes for the AppleRemote buttons.

Can I ask why you need C, I, X, M?

p.

• 06-12-2010 7:24 AM In reply to

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

hmm....it should be possible to send some other commands to the IR receiver as e.g. the ATV (which i assume has same IR) you can train receiver for other commands?

I'm using a program called plex that is a media player/library - the normal 5 buttons are normally more than sufficient - but sometimes when you want to get in under the hood and change some information the extra buttons are excellent

• 06-12-2010 7:32 AM In reply to

With the PUC or the Beo5, you cannot send these other commands.

The limitation is the IR receiver of the Mac.

If you get a Beoport (Beolink PC2) box, you can use LinkPlayer and control Plex more efficiently. You can also control many other sources as well as distributing N.MUSIC around your house.

p.

• 06-13-2010 1:55 AM In reply to

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

i have a BeoPort - sounds like i need to give Linkplayer a try......right now i'm not sure how the extra functionallity comes with LinkPlayer/plex and using my Beo5 as there was nothing in instructions around it but i will have to test when i come back home next week

Assume that my BV9 should change its PUC to non-apple remote so there is not double commands?

• 06-13-2010 7:15 AM In reply to

If you are using a BeoPort and LinkPlayer combination then can bypass any PUC.

You set-up the system so that [PC] activates the AV interface to the Apple, and you have LinkPlayer running so its menu then appears on your BV.  All future commands are associated by the BV with the [PC] and most are forwarded to the LinkPlayer that then interprets them.

So for example I press [PC] and I get the LinkPlayer menu, I then use Cake or [v] to scroll up and down the menu.

Pressing (GO) performs a selection, say "iTunes".

LinkPlayer then launches iTunes and passes commands to iTunes.

For example pressing the BLUE arrow => switches iTunes into using my playlists, and it starts playing the song from the previous playlist I used.

Press [MENU] is interpreted by LinkPlayer as a request to display the list of Playlists, which I can the scroll up and down (using Cake and [v]) and I can then select a new playlist (GO) and a song from it ([v] and Cake and (GO)).

I hope that gives you an example of the powerful ease of use that LinkPlayer coupled with a BeoPort can give you .....

edit: looks like my use of [ ^ ] to indicate the one of the scroll keys on the Beo4 is a forum BBcode for a birthday cake icon Cake !!!! 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-14-2010 9:31 AM In reply to

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

well excuse me; it sounds like a birthday to me with all these goodies.....can't wait to get home and try; thanks Elephant!!!

Phil@London - if it is as fantastic as it sounds would be great to get the help/FAQ pages upgraded as well......

Is there any Beo5 XML upgrade as well that i can do to even further be in complete serenity?

• 06-14-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

Klas:
    Phil@London - if it is as fantastic as it sounds would be great to get the help/FAQ pages upgraded as well......

What kind of extra info were you after?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)