in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-26-2011 6:09 PM by vikinger. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2010 8:00 AM

Posting on an iPad - issue ...

Has anyone had an issue trying to write posts on an iPad, where the text box is initially editable - but by the time all the toolbar is loaded on the textbox it isn't editable anymore .

I assume the same behaviour on an iPhone but haven't tested it out ..

Anyone seen the same ?

Filed under:
  • 06-09-2010 8:09 AM In reply to

Re: Posting on an iPad - issue ...

This post is being made on an iPad. There are some problems. In order for me to post, I must click on HTML at the end of the toolbar above the box to post in. Then, in the window that opens I must tap several times before it will allow me to post. There was another thread here a few weeks ago where others experienced similar problems. There was mention in there of a setting that can be changed that will allow posting in the normal way. If you search for iPad and and my name, Razlaw, that thread should appear.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-09-2010 9:44 AM In reply to

I'm assuming razlaw is referring to my post (hijacking Elephant's thread) from a few weeks ago regarding problems posting from my iPhone. If you read the advice about changing the posting text settings from Jeff, you'll see what you need to do!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 06-09-2010 2:38 PM In reply to

There is another thread entitled Unable To Post From An iPhone. I would post a link but am using my iPad and I I have nit mastered posting links on it.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-09-2010 6:30 PM In reply to

Razlaw:

There is another thread entitled Unable To Post From An iPhone. I would post a link but am using my iPad and I I have nit mastered posting links on it.

I don't doubt it Razlaw, but it would be uncannily similar to Elephant's post that I linked to previously. The link should take the OP to the right answer.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 11-26-2011 6:09 PM In reply to

An old thread, but I had serious problems trying to post from an iPad on the forum, with a tendency for the screen to flash and become unstable.

This was resolved in part by using Phil's App, although this has the disadvantage of not having an edit facility. Also, any attempt to link to the 'Wed thred' took you back to the unstable browser.

We just updated the iPad to OS 5 and this seems to have cured the problem completely. However, OS 5 gets rid of the elegant 9 preview windows, and introduces page tags just like an iMac. Unfortunately the tag browsing doesn't come anywhere near the functionality it has on an iMac and you have to wait for page refreshes which the thumbnail previews of the previous OS and browser avoided. Apparently Apple now do their upgrades in such a way that you can't go back to a previous version or run two in parallel.Sad

(Music wise, the iPad works beautifully on the BS 8 I'm trying out.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)