in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-24-2007 2:08 PM by Craig. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2007 12:09 PM

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Ouverture query

I have a wee query, I have an ouverture and the glass doors are not quite closing fully, I recon they are about 3 mm short of closing. Has anyone else had this problem, do you know the cause, or am I being a bit sad worrying about 3 mm?

I am not expecting them to close completely, I am aware there should be a gap, but as I said I think this gap is about 3mm to much. If i gently push one of the doors the gap closes equally to about 2 mm which I think must be what it should be.

Cheers Graeme
  • 06-24-2007 12:23 PM In reply to

Re: Ouverture query

This is fixable but not easy. Involves removing the back followed by the complete electronic pack and adjust the door sliders on the strings. Bit of a fiddly job but costs nothing.

If it's only 3mm my advice is to live with it!

Regards Graham

• 06-24-2007 12:41 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Cheers Graham, I think I may be being just a tad picky, but hey..............why not?

I saw on another post you are repairing a couple of BC9000's, for selling I would think, do you do repair jobs if they are sent to you?

You may or may not remember the many posts that I have been in the past regarding BC9000's problems reading discs. My 9000 does this when first switched on but after persevering for about 10-15min it works fine, almost like it needs to heat up before it can read discs.

PM me if you think you can help

Cheers Graeme
  • 06-24-2007 1:05 PM In reply to

Hello Graeme, Sorry but I don't do repairs on items sent to me. I really don't have the space or the facilities to handle that kind of thing. I am in enough trouble with my wife anyway without doing repairs.

I have 6 BC9000 series variants in the dining room at the moment and two of them are on her dining room table which she paid a lot of money for around 2 months ago. She says she hasn't seen it since she bought it!!

Do you have a good cure for earache?

Regards Graham

• 06-24-2007 2:08 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

Do you have a good cure for earache?

Move the Beocenters.LaughingLaughingLaughing

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)