in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-07-2010 5:25 AM by j0hnbarker. 54 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-07-2010 6:21 AM

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Finally in Quad heaven

My Beomaster 6000 Quad arrived today! Beautiful! All the lights work and move as they should. I haven't been able to test it sound wise as I don't have speakers at work. Will have to wait till later. Its in remarkable condition.

I have taken some photo's. Not very good photo's I'm afraid as the excitement of it all kept making my hands shake lol!!

Durban South Africa

• 06-07-2010 6:23 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Re: Finally in Quad heaven

Some more...

Durban South Africa

• 06-07-2010 6:24 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

and more...

Durban South Africa

• 06-07-2010 6:25 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

and one more...

Durban South Africa

• 06-07-2010 10:46 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Its in 100% perfect working order!!!!!!! Sounds amazing....better than my BM6500!!!

Durban South Africa

• 06-07-2010 11:42 AM In reply to

Sounds and looks like a successful business transaction for you Yes -  thumbs up Beautiful piece of kit.

-mika

• 06-07-2010 11:53 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

tournedos:

Sounds and looks like a successful business transaction for you Yes -  thumbs up Beautiful piece of kit.

Thanks Mika! Must be the most best sounding B&O I've heard yet....even better than my BM4400....I'm very chuffed!

Durban South Africa

• 06-07-2010 11:59 AM In reply to

Very nice - great looking receiver that's often under-rated for its amp section IMO.

You must be a happy man :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 06-07-2010 12:01 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

j0hnbarker:

Very nice - great looking receiver that's often under-rated for its amp section IMO.

You must be a happy man :)

I am no expert but like you say makes me a happy man :) I just have to find a remote now! The search never ends for another B&O product! ;)

Durban South Africa

• 06-07-2010 12:27 PM In reply to

BenSA:

tournedos:

Thanks Mika! Must be the most best sounding B&O I've heard yet....even better than my BM4400....I'm very chuffed!

Your 4400 must be in serious need of a capacitor kit!Big Smile The 6000 is a very nice piece of kit but it is nowhere near a 4400 sonically. The 4400 is a much better design electronically being directly coupled. The 6000 is two 901s electronically with bigger output transistors  - nothing wrong with that but not cutting edge. It is however the most stupendous design - managing to look like it is all LEDs and clever electronics where it is all belts and wheels! Wonderful tour de force! And it should be for the price these were new. I reckon it must have been the most expensive receiver in real terms that B&O made.

• 06-07-2010 12:33 PM In reply to

Nice looking piece... and everything works! Well done! Yes -  thumbs up

• B&o bottle opener
  • 06-07-2010 12:53 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Peter :

BenSA:

tournedos:

Your 4400 must be in serious need of a capacitor kit!Big Smile The 6000 is a very nice piece of kit but it is nowhere near a 4400 sonically. The 4400 is a much better design electronically being directly coupled. The 6000 is two 901s electronically with bigger output transistors  - nothing wrong with that but not cutting edge. It is however the most stupendous design - managing to look like it is all LEDs and clever electronics where it is all belts and wheels! Wonderful tour de force! And it should be for the price these were new. I reckon it must have been the most expensive receiver in real terms that B&O made.

Maybe its the excitement of a different B&O.......haven't listened to my BM4400 in ages but the sound from the 6000 almost sounds like velvet. An extremely warm sound even with an Ipod. I still love my BM4400 though I have to admit.

Durban South Africa

• 06-07-2010 3:15 PM In reply to

Never heard one of those, but I always wanted one for its design. Gorgeous! Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 06-07-2010 3:32 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

beocool:

Never heard one of those, but I always wanted one for its design. Gorgeous! Yes -  thumbs up

The design is admittedly amazing...lights that move silently up and down.......I didn't realise how big it was...takes quite a bit of space.

Durban South Africa

• 06-07-2010 4:00 PM In reply to

BenSA:

My Beomaster 6000 Quad arrived today! Beautiful!

congratulation to this amazing and really stylish receiver... the look of the lights remember me like a tech gadget in the 70's star trek series. ;-)

• 06-07-2010 4:08 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Very nice, they are big as you say.Yes -  thumbs up

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-08-2010 9:35 AM In reply to

• Lex Lance
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-05-2010
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

Definately one of the best looking machines. 

I am desperate for one of these! I have a Beocord 5000 and a Beogram 4002.

Are you going to get the rest of the system?

Lex.

• 06-08-2010 1:46 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Lex Lance:

Definately one of the best looking machines. 

I am desperate for one of these! I have a Beocord 5000 and a Beogram 4002.

Are you going to get the rest of the system?

Lex.

I have a 4002 already. Next on my list is the remote for the Beomaster then I will get the Beocord 5000. Not sure what speakers I should ultimately use. At the moment using a pair of Beovox S75's. I have a pair of Beovox 5700's which is of the same era I think but I'm not sure the amp is powerful enough for such huge speakers. I am also going to try my S55's but they won't look right together. Anyway day 2 and its still going strong after hours of playing :)

Durban South Africa

• 06-08-2010 2:06 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Beautiful - one of the best examples I've seen in a while. Am I Jealous? not in the slightest...........Big Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-08-2010 2:44 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Medogsfat:

Beautiful - one of the best examples I've seen in a while. Am I Jealous? not in the slightest...........Big Smile

Chris.

Lol...what can I say Stick out tongue

Durban South Africa

• 06-08-2010 3:08 PM In reply to

BenSA:

I have a 4002 already. Next on my list is the remote for the Beomaster then I will get the Beocord 5000. Not sure what speakers I should ultimately use. At the moment using a pair of Beovox S75's. I have a pair of Beovox 5700's which is of the same era I think but I'm not sure the amp is powerful enough for such huge speakers. I am also going to try my S55's but they won't look right together. Anyway day 2 and its still going strong after hours of playing :)

Beovox 5700s were designed to work with amplifiers of around this power so should be fine. Whether four would be a good idea is another matter! I used S45s with mine and at one point, S75s front and S45s rear. Worked fine though I would tend to concentrate on stereo and ambiophonics - I don't think quad was actually a very good idea for most music! Remember that the Beocord 5000 is probably the most unreliable cassette player made by B&O - in particular avoid the 3 head version (Type 4705)! Always surprised me that B&O did not make a four track version - I reckon a 4 channel head only able to play in one direction so both sides of the cassette were used for one direction would have been possible and maybe switchable so that one could turn off the two rear channels. That would have been something!

• 06-08-2010 3:41 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Peter, I'm not quite ready to try out the Quad effect yet lol!! To be honest I didn't by it for its Quadraphonic capabilities. Glad to hear that I can use the 5700's. Will recap them first and try them out. There was a becord 5000 on Ebay in working order that I was very tempted to buy but I thought I should concentrate on getting the commander first...more important to me.

Durban South Africa

• 06-08-2010 4:21 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Embarrassed [:$] Re: Finally in Quad heaven

Sorry I couldn't resist posting a couple more pics Smile  I'm obsessed....I never thought I'd own one!!!

Durban South Africa

• 06-08-2010 4:24 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Slight change in angle is everything! Stick out tongue

Durban South Africa

• 06-17-2010 7:56 AM In reply to

• Lex Lance
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-05-2010
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

How do I get one!! I have been looking for over a year here in Australia and no luck - Happy to import from Europe or the States.

Seeing this one here it really is stunning. Any help appreciated.

Lex

Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next >