in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-25-2007 3:29 PM by The Stig - ver. 1.7. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2007 11:47 AM

Masterlink not working

Hi

I have just had the following installed, a BeoSound 9000 and BeoVision 5 and a BeoLink Passive.

They are all connected together with Masterlink cable and in seperate rooms each with their speakers attached.

I have a problem whereby if i press CD on the vision 5 i get the CD from the 9000 put it also sends the sounds out the 9000 at the same time. Plus if i then press TV on the 9000 it changes the vision 5 to TV as well instead of leaving it on CD.

It seems like the rooms are not activing independantly of each other. do i need to set something somewhere to say which device is master and what is slave etc.

I am sure this all worked fine until we had a power cut.

Can anyone help its driving me mad.

Andy

• 06-24-2007 12:55 PM In reply to

Re: Masterlink not working

Your option settings have been reset with the power cut!

I suspect that each item needs to be in Link Option 6 but you should confirm by calling your installer or downloading the product configurator from the product pages on this site.

If I recall, once downloaded you need to change it's file extention to .exe and run the file. You can place it on your desktop for use at any time.

Regards Graham

• 06-24-2007 12:59 PM In reply to

It sounds like they have defaulted to Option 1 at the time of the power cut. The TV and 9000 both need to be option 2. The passive needs to be option 6. Do you know how to do this? I have emailed you about the Configuration Guide!
  • 06-24-2007 1:05 PM In reply to

Graham beat me - to be fair I am doing three things at the same time! You may want to download the Masterlink Handbook as well - Have no idea where I have put this on the site!!!!! Anyone found it? Laughing If necessary I will scan it again!
  • 06-24-2007 2:05 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Have a similar problem when my Sky box freezes. As all my wiring and plugs are hidden in my TV cabinet. All I can do is switch off the supply at the wall socket. Once I have done this I have to reset my options.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-24-2007 4:22 PM In reply to

Peter

I now have the config guide.

I have set the BV5 to Option2 and B9000 to Option 2 as well. the guide mentions the following as well but i dont under stand this bit

Press:  STAND-BY   SOUND 2 STORE.

Also its still not correct as if i press TV in the 2nd room the 9000 changes to TV but if the BV5 is playing the CD it turns that off and changes that to TV as well. I am correct in saying it should not do that and the CD should carry on our the BV5 whiles the B9000 is playing the TV sound??

Also sorry i am new to this but it mentions adding lists to the beo4 do i need to do that could that be the problem?

Thanks

Andy

• 06-24-2007 4:37 PM In reply to

I think you are trying to do something it won't allow! Masterlink will only allow one source to be transferred at one time. I think you are trying to listen to audio on the TV and video sound on the 9000. It won't let you do that. You can obviously operate the TV and radio separately and you can listen to video sources on the 9000 and audio sources on the TV but not at the the same time. You could listen to a different video source on the 9000 when listening to the TV in the other room though.
  • 06-24-2007 4:58 PM In reply to

Peter.

I am sure this did work when the guys left, i will call them tomorrow but its doing my head in.

Basically the 9000 is in the kitchen with Lab 1's with a Samsung Plasma plugged into the RF link.

I then have a BV5 in the living room with its own speakers etc I want to listen to a CD in the living room while watching the TV piped from BV5 to the kitchen speakers plugged into the 9000.

Hope that makes sense as i am sure this should and did work as i thought the whole idea of beoLink is you can use any source from any room in another at the same time as that room doing something differant.

Thanks

Andy

• 06-24-2007 5:06 PM In reply to

Lab 1s in the kitchen! We must see a picture of that!! You do have an interesting set up as you have your audio master and video masters in different rooms which does allow some possibilities that my set up does not. Please let us know what happens ! You can send signal via the RF so this may be the extra control.
  • 06-24-2007 5:19 PM In reply to

Yer i will send some pics when it is all finished, i also have a beo8 in the bedroom and a beolink/bevox in the bathroom.

I am also awaiting my beoMedia to be installed. I luv this stuff when it works its amazing and sounds awsome.

I am also differant as i have all this connected over a system called LexCOM which is approved by B&O which is just Cat6 cable so the house is flood wired so its easy to move speaker around etc in a room. :)

Andy

• 06-24-2007 5:43 PM In reply to

My daughter has a Lexcom system in her house in the UK. Although she doesn't have them, I notice that you can get powerlink and masterlink modules fitted within it.

For those not familiar with this type of system, the whole house is flooded with sockets which look like UK phone sockets. All these sockets are wired back to the Lexcom which is actually just a patch system. Thus, any socket in the house can perform any function, including the RF for the tv aerial. Quite clever.

She asked me to put an aerial socket in the grand kids bedroom, so I went over armed with a reel of coax, sockets, drill and all the rest of the stuff. What are you going to do with that Dad, says Lauren. You only need to connect it in that box thingy in the wardrobe!Surprise

Regards Graham

• 06-25-2007 3:29 PM In reply to

Peter is right your trying to use to link audio sources at the same time and that's can't be done...
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)