in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2010 2:35 AM by Flappo. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-06-2010 5:47 PM

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

What blue ray player?

What Blueray player (Sony, Samsung, Pansonic ect.) are you using with your Beosystem 3 today? Does any player boot faster? Work better with the PUC? I have an old Samsung BD P 1400 and I am tired of waiting for the long start up time.

• 06-07-2010 12:39 AM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Re: What blue ray player?

I'd like to hear answers to this question, too, as I need to purchase a Beosystem 3 compatible Blu-Ray, and I've gotten mixed opinions about which is best, most durable, etc.

Mark D
  • 06-07-2010 3:11 AM In reply to

I am a hugh fan of the Oppo BD83.

Capable of playing BR, DVD Video & DVD Audio, SACD. It is also possible to use it as (momentarely) as a simple media player. Presumably the mediaplayer capabilities will improve.

The price - quality ratio is excellent

• 06-07-2010 10:13 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

expoman:

What Blueray player (Sony, Samsung, Pansonic ect.) are you using with your Beosystem 3 today? Does any player boot faster? Work better with the PUC? I have an old Samsung BD P 1400 and I am tired of waiting for the long start up time.

I can highly recommend the LG BD390 player. VERY fast start up - you can see the electric curtain - userfriendly with a nice user interface, controlable by PUC / Superblu BH 100. Can play video files via USB and network (avi, MKV.....). Dolby True HD and DTS HD master.... Sends video/audio in HD quality AND analog video/audio simultaneously - for linkrooms. YouTube function, netflix (USA). 

Stefan

• 06-07-2010 2:01 PM In reply to

Hi,

I have the Playstation 3 connected to my BeoVision 7-40 (which has a built in BeoSystem 3 video engine) and I really like the combination. I also have the Nyko Bluwave installed for my Beo5 remote.

I don’t have any compared products, but the speed of the Playstation is also good.

Besides the speed, it is also nice to have a Game Console.

Kind regards,

Bas

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoVision 7-40 MK V
    • BeoSound 5
    • BeoMaster 5 
    • BeoLab 6002 (2*)
    • BeoLab 7-4
    • BeoLab 4 (2*)
    • BeoLab 11
    • BeoCom 4 
    • Beo 5
  • 06-07-2010 3:05 PM In reply to

I have the Playstation 3,which is a great machine and later  this year is ment to have a download to make it 3D Blu-ray playback.Also there are 3D Stand alone players coming/just coming out,some with Two Hdmi outputs,one for the tv and one for a projector.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 06-07-2010 3:15 PM In reply to

I have Ps3 slim 120 gb

it's a good BD player and also media digital/game console and can also with extra money become a DVB-T HD  

BUT

it's quite noisy!!!

It's more oriented for geek-owners cause commands aren't easy friendly like b&o or similar specified BD player.

if you want use it with b&o remote, you have to buy extras..

• 06-08-2010 2:35 AM In reply to

denon have some amazing new players coming

they're universal , ie; play EVERYTHING

blu ray , dvd , sa cd , dvd -a  etc !!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)