in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-27-2011 11:49 AM by KalK. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2010 10:57 PM

• KalK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Which B&O receiver offers

inputs/outputs on RCA jacks? I am looking for one which has RCA jacks inputs and outputs as well as pre-outs and main in on RCA. I like the styling of something like 6500 receiver.

Any help from this forum would be truly appreciated.

I am getting into B&O now, after getting a RX-2 turntable, someone lended me a cartridge, MMC5, to go with it, and it sounds soooo good and it is a turntable for me, just put a clean, record on and enjoy music, no more cartridge alingment or arm adjustment to wory about.

You would nont believe the kind of money I have spend over the years with turntable and cartridges, I wish someone had told me before about this B&O turntable.

Please help me getting a B&O Receiver and CD player as well let me know which ones are very good and reliable as I will be buying them used.

Cheers and Happy listening.  

• 06-06-2010 12:52 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Re: Which B&O receiver offers

Hello Kalk and welcome to the world of B&O. There are many options when it comes to Receivers and it all depends on what you have in mind for the future. If you would intend to go for a small link later on I would even consider going for an Overture instead of a Beomaster 5500, 6500 or 7000. Of course there is always the the option of a Beocenter 9000, 9500 or 9300 where you can also have the tape and CD functions. If I were you I would first think how much I would like to spend and then have the optimum for this! BUT trust me you have many alternatives!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 06-06-2010 6:19 AM In reply to

If you want RCA connectors, you need the Beomaster 5500. This comes in either a brushed metal finish or white. It has a full set of both DIN and RCA connectors - I use one for this very reason as it allows full remote control of my B&O sources via DIN and lots of auxillary connections as well. You can use it with an MCL2 link system so it is quite versatile and is also reasonably cheap. The amplifier in it is good and the sources that match it are excellent. I would consider swapping your RX2 for a Beogram 5000 as long as it doesn't cost much simply so you get remote control. The decks are otherwise very similar except the 5000 has a natty light. In my opinion, the 5000 is the best of the later decks, having a good radial arm and superb build quality. The 5005 and similar tangentials are just not as nicely made. I also think it sounds better.

You need a MCP5500 to get the most from the system though I confess to never using mine as it is not a main system so the timer is not an issue- I have given the white one away. The CD5500 is the best CD player that B&O made and would be something to consider later.

• 06-06-2010 12:44 PM In reply to

• Curmudgeon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2010
    • Central Virginia
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Peter :

The CD5500 is the best CD player that B&O made and would be something to consider later.

Just curious. Would that not also apply to a CD 6500 and CD 7000? Would a 7000 then not qualify as the best?

Regards,

William

• 06-06-2010 2:54 PM In reply to

Actually no - the CD5500 had the best motor - a slightly less well specified one was fitted to the late 5500, 6500 and 7000. Whether you can tell the difference is unlikely, but in principle, the first of the CD5500s are the best! Big Smile

• 06-06-2010 4:33 PM In reply to

I think you might be looking at something rather older, the Beolab 5000

• 06-06-2010 4:53 PM In reply to

The Bolab 5000 does this as well but I think is a bit esoteric! Picture of the Din connectors of the 5500

• 06-06-2010 4:55 PM In reply to

And the RCA connections!

• 06-07-2010 3:39 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

Same for the Beomaster 5000.

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 06-07-2010 5:30 AM In reply to

Very true and has a better pre-amp than the 5500 as well as a real pre-amp out (the 5500 is attenuated power amp out - cheapskates!) but the 5500 uses the Beolink 1000 codes which is a big advantage.

• 06-07-2010 5:35 AM In reply to

My Beomaster 5000 does have loads of connectors but space is at a premium where the sockets are so it can be awkward to connect everything. I ended up using the DIN connection for my iPod dock for this reason.

Personally I would recommend choosing your favourite Beomaster and buying suitable DIN/RCA leads from eBay or Steve at Sounds Heavenly.

Simon

• 09-26-2011 10:57 PM In reply to

• KalK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

I have not been here in a while, but I am back, and I need to tell all of you that I have bought a Beomaster 5000 and Beogram CD 5500 with Master Remote Control, all three pieces are in excellent working condition, I tell you I could not be more happier. I cannot believe how great this thing sounds. I wish I had known about this waaaaaay before I went on crazy on this so called "High-End" gear. This sounds like music period, no more bass, or midrange or sliky highs to worry about, now I just sit back and enjoy the music. Needless to say that from now on I am a die hard B&O fan.

Just looking for a Beocord 5000, the matching cassette deck, I am sure I will find one, how soon, I do not know, but one will show up some where and I will try getting it.   

Just curious, as to why no one mentions B&O when they discuss sound quality of any high-end gear?     

• 09-26-2011 11:09 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

KalK:

Just curious, as to why no one mentions B&O when they discuss sound quality of any high-end gear?     

Obviously, you and I have never talked before!

Evan

• 09-26-2011 11:27 PM In reply to

• KalK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Hi Evan, No like I said that I have not been here in a long time. The 5000 is the heart of the system, for many years to come, I hope, Beogram CD 5500 is truly a musical cd player. The speakers I have are Energy C2, Canadian Made, The cassette deck is Akai GX7, three head machine, but if I get my hands on a B&O cassette deck, I will let the Akai go.

Evan, if I could tell you what kind of so called high-end I have had you would be really surprised. Nothing, I do mean nothing came even close to the musicality of this B&O I have here. I owned some really great souding stuff from both US and UK manufacturers, but this B&O wins easily, no competition here Evan. I am not going to type up what I have had, but you already know some of the big US and UK based audio equipment companies. 

• 09-27-2011 8:57 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Just read part of an article on the C2s, they score very well. I have heard some Energy stuff before, but not these. Regardless, they were wonderful sounding speakers.

Your story isn't the first of its kind around here! There are many people who have come to the same realization. Still good to hear the stories though. I hope to see you around here more often Yes -  thumbs up

Evan

• 09-27-2011 11:49 AM In reply to

• KalK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Hi E, I was just on another audio related forum, this guy went to audition some very high end and high price speakers, driven by some super expensive electronics, and he still came out empty handed and disappointed with the overall sound.

I wish I could post there "I feel sorry for all of you, do not waste your money on any of this or expensive cables or power cords etc, get yourself a B&Oand you would be a happy camper."   

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)