in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-05-2010 12:48 PM by MoglesMac. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2010 10:24 AM

• rogerl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-05-2010
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 9000 Remote Stopped Working - HELP

Hello Everyone:

I have the Beosound 9000 system and the remote control has stopped working.  I can operate all functions manually but not with remote.  I have installed new batteries.

I took the remote to a friend who has the same system and it worked fine on his 9000. This tells me that the remote controller itself is not at fault.

Could it be that the 'eye' that picks up the remote signal on the 9000 needs cleaning?  If so, can someone tell me where that 'eye' is?

The remote was working perfectly before our recent move from CA to FL. The item was well packed for the move and did not sustain any damage. Can you think of anything that may have happened in transit, that would stop the remote control from operating?

All help appreciated.

Thank you - Roger

• 06-05-2010 11:08 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 9000 Remote Stopped Working - HELP

Hi Roger,

welcome to BeoWorld!  I am going to make a huge leap here and presume that you are using the 9000 without Bang & Olufsen speakers attached directly.  In this setup the 9000 powers up and defaults to Audio Option 0, which means that it is blinded to the remote control.  

Put the 9000 in stand by.  Hold down the stand by button on the remote (the red dot), and press the list button. The remote's display should be flashing now.  Let go of the buttons.  Tap list until the remote flashes "Option?"  Press Go. Tap List until it flashes "A. Option?"  Press 1.  The LED on the 900 should blink once.  You are ready to go.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 06-05-2010 11:23 AM In reply to

• rogerl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-05-2010
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Russ, you're a star!!

Plugged in headphones, changed the remote setup as you suggested and, bingo, the remote works :)  Who would have thought that the unit 'knows' if speakers are not connected!

One more question though... What is the 'light' button on the remote used for?  Is it just to light up the display?  Mine doesn't appear to light or am I misunderstanding something here??

Thanks again.  I'm grateful.

Roger

• 06-05-2010 12:48 PM In reply to

The LIGHT button is for controlling B&O own lightdimmers (LC1 and LC2). Doesnt do anything with the specific remote itself.

Cheers

Jesper 

Sweden

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)