in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-06-2010 5:36 PM by ajames. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2010 6:33 AM

Problem with Link Avant

I have an Avant 32 linked to an Avant 28 in my bedroom and a Beolink Active with a Samsung TV in the kitchen.

RF Modulator is set to on on the 32 and the picture in the kitchen is fine and stable

Picture on the 28 in my bedroom breaks up significantly in the first 5 minutes - as if it's out of tune and then settles down and is clear - any ideas why it would do this when it doesn't in the kitchen - both TV's a fed through a booster and ihave disconnected the aerial to eliminate that as a source of interference. As I'm typing this I've realised that the 28 used to be in the living room so will checl that the modulator is not set to on, but any other ideas if this doesn't work? It's as if there's interference from another chanel but I have changed the link frequency and still get the same result. With the aerial connected the same happens but not on terrestrial channels so I have ruled out that it can be the tuner in the 28

Any help much appreicated.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 06-04-2010 7:30 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Re: Problem with Link Avant

Does it break up in the first 5 minutes on all channels ie. the modulated output and the braodcast stations TV 1,2,3,4,5 etc?

If so sorry to say it is a fault in the tuner, we have had this a few times.

• 06-04-2010 7:56 AM In reply to

Hi there - thanks for the quick response - it only breaks up on the link channel in the first five minutes - TV channells are fine

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 06-05-2010 9:03 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Hi ajames - my Avant 28 CTV which I also have in a link room has developed exactly the same problem as yours - and I tried/reasoned the same way as you.

Indeed, the problem is only with the signal (both sound and picture) on the link channel sent through the RF cable from the main room everything else seems to work fine! However, the initial few seconds of broken image/sound detoriated considerably, lately - I'm afraid yours will do the same ...

Am also afraid it's a hardware failure where some electronics might need to be replaced - the question is how easy the fix will be?

(A bit disappointing by B&O standards that the Avant developed something like this only after a decade since leaving the production hall...)

I would also be interested in opinions of the technically knowledgeable members here, needless to say. (Yes, I checked/swapped the RF cable ...)

Anyone able to help us out - thank you?

• 06-06-2010 5:36 PM In reply to

Hi thanks - it is odd but I am glad that its not just mine - thing is that the picture and sound is so good when its working normally - its just that as a link TV I don't think Avants are that good, I guess now that they're so cheap on the second hand market this problem will show itself more. I've resolved the problem in a way by turning it on before I goto bed! And I do listen more to audio sources so it's not a big problem - more an annoyance that it's not working as it should - bit hey I only paid £250 for it.

Am thinking of getting a Beovision 5 now as the primary TV and using the 32 in the bedroom - what I really want to do is get a good old beovision 8002 and beocentre 7700 as my main system all in rosewood with some S150.2! I so wish I had a house instead of a flat and then I could have rooms kitted out with all my favourite B&o stuff.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)