in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-04-2010 11:19 AM by w5bno123. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2010 3:38 AM

BV 7-40 and Sky

Hi all

My 7-40 is controlling my SkyHD box (samsung).  Everything works fine with the exception of an annoying time delay when I use my Beo4 remote to control the sky menus.

For example, if I pause live TV, rewind and then press go to play it can takes 3/4 seconds to accept the request.  This makes the Be04 unusable fro anything other than basic commands.  ( the cable is located as close to the IR transmitter asI can get it)

Naturally and as you would expect the standard Sky controller has an instance response.  

Any ideas?

I have version 8.02 SW on my TV.  

Thanks in Advance.

Paul

• 06-04-2010 10:11 AM In reply to

Re: BV 7-40 and Sky

I would check the position of the remote sensor as I had this problem with my SKy+ - on the samsung I think it's underneath the card slot but on makes to the left of teh slots - maybe look up on the internet as others will have had this problem. Apparently some of the Samsung boxes also had a problem with the remote eye stopping working and a software update is required - this link gives details on how to do this http://satchat.co.uk/repairs-box-imp...re-update.html

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 06-04-2010 11:14 AM In reply to

If you mean the remote takes a while *specifically* for pressing Go and the Sky box hitting 'Play', then this is normal behaviour.

As Go is needed to preceed just about everything else (RW/FF, Up/Down, 1-8 etc.), then it can't assume you mean 'Play' when you hit it - there's a ~3 second timeout.  If you want a quicker way to play once you've finished FF/WW, just hit 'Stop' to pause and then 'Stop' to unpause.

• 06-04-2010 11:19 AM In reply to

Hi Paul

There has always been a delay when you press GO to resume Play with all makes of Sky boxes stemming back to Pace Sky+.

If you are fast forwarding and wish to Play, press STOP followed by STOP again and it will resume play instantly. If you want to Ffwd X30 press Go once then >> 4 times in quick succession.

Hope this helps?Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)