in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-06-2010 3:10 AM by liberal. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2010 2:23 AM

BM5 Updated

Hello. I updated this morning. Many new features but they tell us to read the FAQ on www-bang-olufsen.com for full information. MOTS can now be disabled and songs can be put to not go into the MOTS playlist, for examples christmas songs in summer. Will check it more this evening.

Brgds Ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 06-02-2010 2:49 AM In reply to

Re: BM5 Updated

Thanks,

Can you give us a link to this FAQ document?

p.

• 06-02-2010 4:27 AM In reply to

Well I don´t know if its a special adress or if it can be found in the normal FAQ section. This morning I browsed around there but couldn´t find anything special new. So all detailed info is held in the "darkness" so far Big Smile. I´ll check more later, have to work now so I can afford all B&O stuff. Just got my new 10-46 to play with also....

Brgds Ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 06-02-2010 7:15 AM In reply to

I could not find anything in the FAQ.  MOTS is in the release notes that can be displayed from the settings menu.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 06-02-2010 9:13 AM In reply to

I guess we will have to play around with it to find how to for example disable MOTS on specific tunes. It´s really anoying that B&O don´t publish a new guide but perhaps it will show up some day..

Brgds Ingvar

• 06-02-2010 11:36 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5 - New features
    -----------------------------------------------

MOTS features

·  Exclude from MOTS
      ·  Exclude from previous album
      ·  Disable MOTS
      ·  MOTS status + progress bar
      ·  MOTS logo
      ·  MOTS button on Beo4 (1710)

System functionality

·  BeoSound 5 placement in link rooms
      ·  BeoSound 5 in option 1.1 and 2.2
      ·  BeoVision 8-40, 10-40 and 10-46 compatibility
      ·  Master Link Gateway compatibility
      ·  Support for older televisions / IR compatibility
      ·  Play Timer (on/off)
      ·  More than one BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5 in a setup

Other refinements

·  OS updated to version 6.01
      ·  Performance at start-up improved
      ·  Password in user service menu
      ·  Show share & user name in NETWORK INFO
      ·  New setting for N.Radio buffer length 
      ·  New setting for adjustable start time in N.Music 
      ·  ABOUT box introduced
      ·  Driver for Bang & Olufsen approved wireless adaptor GN-WB31N is
         incorporated

·  Flash Player 10 support
      ·  Status on Bonjour
      ·  Support for Russian (Cyrillic) character set
      ·  Improved internal logging for debugging purposes – for instance logging
         of received and issued Master-link commands

• 06-02-2010 4:04 PM In reply to

Hi

I have just regret that I made the Update, I only have the BM5 connected to BV7 with DVI->HDMI and I also use the BM5 on link TV's.
    So for me there were no changes to see Sad

Further, since I made the Update, I can't see the BM5 on my main TV with the HDMI, only with SCART. Are there anyone here having the same problem? I have tried to re-start BM5 and my BV7, but with no luck.

Hope you can help.

Br. 

There is something about B&O.....

• 06-02-2010 5:04 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

beolion:

Further, since I made the Update, I can't see the BM5 on my main TV with the HDMI, only with SCART. Are there anyone here having the same problem? I have tried to re-start BM5 and my BV7, but with no luck.

Hope you can help.

Br. 

BM5 can´t send HDMI and composite signal at the same time. So when your Link-TV(s) is activated, the main TV will also show composite. Maybe this is your problem...? My BV7-40 displays HDMI signal after update - when Link-TVs are in standby mode.

But for me this update is - again - very disappointing, because there is again NO improved on-screen (TV) navigation for N.MUSIC and N.RADIO.

Stefan

• 06-03-2010 9:52 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Anybody know what Option 1.1 and 2.2 are (from "vienna's" the release notes above)?

Also, I tried putting it into a link room mode and was unsuccessful - I connected speakers to it and tried L.OPT 6 and A.OPT 6 from the Beo4 and it didn't seem to change anything.  I'm trying to solve the BS9000 + BS5 in the same room problem - why is it a problem?  Because I must hit "n.music" on the remote to turn it on...  My thought was to put my BS9000 in Option 0 (no IR) and then the BS5 in Option 6.  In this config, the BS5 should respond to my touch, and I can still listen to CDs/Radio throughout the house (I lose this if I make the BS5 audio master).  Yes, I realize that link products cannot send audio on ML - but maybe this one can (BeoPort can).

Oh well,

Stan

• 06-04-2010 2:25 PM In reply to

Hi Stan,

We must think alike, as I have the same set up and have been frustrated that the controls on the BS5 were redundant as far as volume and turning the system on, and played around last night but managed to get it working.

I carried out the same format as you, connecting my speakers to the BS5, the BS9000 then went into option 0 as no speakers were connected, then as opposed to setting the link option on the BS5 by remote, I went into 'Roles' in the settings menu, then set the Audio Master to Yes, then into AM Option which now includes options 5 & 6 and set it to 6.

The system now works as I expected, and you even get the CD number and track number on the screen of the BS5 when listening to a CD from the 9000, and all the knobs work on the BS5. You can only listen to CD and Radio in the link rooms though as N.Music is then selected on the 9000, as opposed to the BS5, as you stated.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Paul

• 06-04-2010 5:32 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Paul,

Thanks for your reply.  I almost looked under the AM options menu.  However, since the N.Music is not distributed (as I expected) then this option is really no good for me Sad.

Stan

• 06-06-2010 3:10 AM In reply to

Stan,

Actually it was no good for me either, and after a couple of days I have reverted back to the original set up.

Like you the fact that it would not distribute N.Music to link rooms I found annoying, and for some strange reason, when listening to CD's or Radio from the BS9000 via the BS5 the whole system would switch off after half an hour.

I did enjoy the novelty of controlling the volume and turning the system on directly from the BS5 though, maybe one day our wishes will be granted....

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)