in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2010 7:34 AM by ajames. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2010 4:00 AM

sky hd tv guide

Hi Guys

When using my beo4 sometimes will scroll through choose the programme i want press go go to select and will default to planner  will happen two or three times then will select correctly. I have changed the batteries just in case.

When using the beo5 there are no problems  whatsoeve,r so must be the beo4 signal

Anyone any ideas what causes this  weird situation

your help appreciated

malcolm welborn

• 06-01-2010 9:50 AM In reply to

Re: sky hd tv guide

GO GO is select, as you rightly point out.

GO and leaving alone for about 5 seconds will cause 'play' to be pressed.  This will jump you into the Planner to choose a program to play.

Therefore the obvious issue is it's only registering one of the GO's.  Maybe if the batteries aren't the issue, the button's wearing out?

• 06-01-2010 12:19 PM In reply to

thanks will try beo 4 is only 6 mths old

• 06-01-2010 1:16 PM In reply to

I get that with Beo 4 and Beo 5, drives me nuts!!

• 06-02-2010 4:03 AM In reply to

i know what you mean, but be interesting to know why

beo5 no problems why problems with beo4 ( beo4 is new and put new batteries in)

Any boffins out there know,Maybe Keith

malcolm

any boffins out there know Keith any ideas

• 06-02-2010 4:14 AM In reply to

The logical suggestion would be to test another Beo4. 

If the problem still exists, then something's up with the TV (or the way you're operating the remote, but it's hard to see how you could do it incorrectly!).  If the problem doesn't exist, then your Beo4 is faulty.

• 06-02-2010 5:04 AM In reply to

yes take your point, but did not have a problem when i had sky standard . only arisen since moving to sky hd,

understand sky had problems with new format sky tv guide, could that  be the cause

malcolm

• 06-02-2010 5:20 AM In reply to

If it's jumping to the planner, then the TV is sending the 'play' command not the 'select' command.  I don't think the box could have anything to do with it.  Play is Go (long hold) or Go + 2 sec timeout delay - so somehow, this is what the TV is registering. 

If it's intermittent, it really does point to the remote rather than a fault with the PUC programming or other issue

Sky standard didn't have a play command, so per the command list the two separate commands for 'select' and 'play' for Plus/HD both carried out the 'select' function on Sky Digital.

http://beotech.beoworld.org/skydigital.htm

• 06-02-2010 6:18 AM In reply to

hi many thanks,  my wife will have to learn to use the beo 5 lol

only got the beo4 with the tv for her

did go twice slowly did not jump

malcolm

• 06-02-2010 7:34 AM In reply to

I had a friend who kept doing this with my Sky box linked to an avant - turned out he was holding down go for too long - needs to be two presses quite quickly and pointing at the TV. One long press of go causes the last thing played to resume or goto planner if it has been deleted.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)