in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-10-2010 7:28 AM by verzollnix. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2010 2:45 PM

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

Does anybody use Apple TV together with BeoVison 10 (or any other BV)

or do you have better ideas for a HD recorder / video streaming

• 05-31-2010 3:13 PM In reply to

Re: Does anybody use Apple TV together with BeoVison 10 (or any other BV)

Well, I do have an Apple TV connected to my Beovision 10. Main reason is that I now have all my music accessible from the TV screen, playing through my wonderful B&O speakers. Before I always had to turn on my computer, which on the one hand is not so nice, and on the other hand has a lower WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).

I also like the capability to rent a move every now and then, without having to leave home. Very convenient!

I never intended to use the AppleTV as a DVR replacement - my cable box has a bultin 500 GB hard disk, can record HDTV, and is perfectly controllable through my Beo 4.

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Christof

• 05-31-2010 3:21 PM In reply to

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

Hi Christof,

the BV 10 has 2 HDMI DIGITAL VIDEO CONNECTIONS, do you know if I can use one for the Apple TV and the other one to connect the BV 10 with my BeoMaster 5 ?

Jan

• 05-31-2010 3:37 PM In reply to

Yes, you connect the Apple TV through HDMI to the TV. However, the BM5 is for sure NOT connected through HDMI, but through ML, I assume!?

• 05-31-2010 3:43 PM In reply to

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

The BM5 is connected through ML for sound and HDMI if you want to watch photos, visit the internet or see the artworks from the music you play.

• 05-31-2010 3:56 PM In reply to

Ok, so the answer to your original question is a clear "yes" ;-)

• 06-12-2010 7:48 AM In reply to

I have a ATV attached to a BV8-40.

I've added Boxee to access internet streams such as BBC iplayer.

It works very well although I've not worked out how best to access a DVD in the remote iMac drive (I dont have a stand alone DVD player).

• 08-10-2010 3:55 AM In reply to

Hi Olof

Please be aware that there might be difficulties when connecting the BM5 via HDMI to your BV10. The BM5 is not able to detect the BV10 as a TV (as long as the BS5 is connected to the BM5 as well) and will show the BS5 menue on the screen of your BV10 without the possibility to make use of the PC-functions of the BM5.

I had the full functionality in the past when I used a BV7 connected via DVI to the BM5 without any problems. After changing my TV into the new BV10 (using an DVI-HDMI-Adapter to connect) I cannot use the PC functionality anymore. I checked my connections by disconnecting the BS5 from BM5 and using ony the HDMI connection to the BV10 - in doing so, I had the full PC-functionality on my BV10.

When telling my dealer about this he consulted B&O and received the answer that the problem will be solved with the next BM/BS5 software update.

Cheers

Manfred

• 08-10-2010 6:38 AM In reply to

Support for the HDMI connection to BeoVision 10 and BeoVision 8-40
    Software Version 6.01 for the BeoSound 5, launched in May 2010, supports DVI-HDMI connection for BeoVision 8-40 and BeoVision 10 series through Beomaster 5th
    Earlier, it was not possible to make a full video switching to these products via HDMI, but it has now been fixed thanks to software version 6.01.

Remember also to connect the CVBS cable. We expect that a future software update makes this unnecessary, but so far the CVBS cable is connected with DVI-HDMI cable to ensure an optimal recording.

Likewise, it is necessary to use AV 3-jack to ensure optimum functionality.

• 08-10-2010 7:28 AM In reply to

The fact that the CVBS cable needs to be connected in parallel to the DVI-HDMI cable (at least in my case, where alle cables are "underwall" and the distance is >10 mtr) is my problem til the next update. Do you think I could find a solution in the meantime by using AV3-jack? If yes, could you explain how?

Cheers

Verzollnix

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)