in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-29-2010 8:29 AM by Foghamshire. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2010 2:37 AM

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

How to distribute video signals to more than on TV ?

If I has it understand right, the TV signals need their own cable and wont come via the materlink cable. If I only have on TV antenna jack in the mainroom, how can I bring the TV signals to a second room ?

• 05-30-2010 3:28 AM In reply to

Re: How to distribute video signals to more than on TV ?

You are correct, the Masterlink ONLY distributes audio and control signals NOT video.

You will need to install a 75 ohm coax cable from your main Beovision to the link room TV

EDIT, just read your posting again where you said "only have a TV antenna jack" then I must assume you don't have a Beovision with a RF output.

What is your main Beovision TV ?

Regards Keith....

• 05-30-2010 6:02 AM In reply to

• Lakis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-15-2009
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

To be able to distribute TV signals, your main room TV must be equipped with a built in RF system modulator. Then using a coaxial cable you connect the RF out from the main TV with the aerial input of your link TV. You might also need to set the modulator frequency, so I suggest you to refer to the TV manuals for this. If you want to connect more than on link TVs you will need a splitter or an RF-link amplifier. Of-course you also need the Master link connection.

But I have a question on this subject for someone more experienced in the forum. Is it possible to distribute TV signals from a TV which is not equipped with the built in RF modulator, perhaps using an external device?

• 05-30-2010 7:45 AM In reply to

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

My main TV will be (next week) a BV 10 and the second one will be my existing BV 4500

• 05-30-2010 9:15 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Hi there

I did use an audio/video transmit / receive setup - it worked on 2.4ghz(?) - it worked well until I bought and setup a 4 station wireless telephone system and wifi modem router got horizontal interference lines scrolling down the screen - that said my mum now uses it to send satellite pics from her stb/tv to her bedroom tv - again probs of interference due to a modem router which when I'm not visiting is switched to hardwire mode and the av system is brilliant - seen some recently which operate on 5.4ghz which may remove the above problem!

bon chance

salut

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 05-30-2010 12:06 PM In reply to

Yes indeed.There are a number of ways of distributing video signals,including HD.

RF "video senders" are rather prone to interference,as mentioned here,but very convenient as no cabling is required.

The most robust method currently seems to be distribution via Cat 5 type data cable,whereby the signal is adapted by modem at each end of the cable.

I have'nt seen any systems yet,but it's also feasable to send video signals along power cables,via modems,similar to ethernet networks.

A variety of cat 5 systems are available,a net search should throw up more info

• 09-23-2010 4:01 AM In reply to

Beosystem 2 - is it behaving itself?

I have followed the instuctions in my BV4 reference manual (to drive the Beosystem 2) and running an ML cable from my BV4 (Master) to my link TV BV6 in the bedroom I get all the radio/cd/phono just like it says on the tin - lovely.

Now the video, well, I have connected a 75 ohm coax.  But when I went into the set up:tuning:modulator menu, I turned on the Modulator and then tried to set a frequency such that this would be matched on my link tvs.  So far so good, but rather than me enter a frequency it I thought it was a bit strange it sort of went into search mode as if it was looking for a signal - might be me I didn't know what to expect.  Not to be preturbed I set a frequency of 599MHz and ran upstairs and searched at 599MHz nothing hmmm?

Reading the instructions again and going through step by step, from memory it said something like:

Menu - press 3 (tuning) - down (to highlight RF Modulator) - Menu (to highlight Modulator menus I suppose) - Turn Modulator ON - Set Frequency - Press Go (to save) - Exit

Returning downstairs to the BV4 Pressing menu now I get as far as the "Tuning" I select RF Modulator, there is no ON or OFF choice, no select a modulator frequency, the screen goes black for a moment and returns to the TV picture.

It was getting late and to minimise stress, I packed things away and thought - I know what I'll do - I'll use that excellent resource Beoworld.

So help! (please)

Looking forward to any help whatsoever

Cheers

Gary

• 09-23-2010 4:15 AM In reply to

I think the correct sequence would be to set-up the master first; in your case the BS2/BV4; and then set-up the link room, in your case the BV6.

The way I read your post, you did it in the reverse sequence.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-23-2010 4:41 AM In reply to

Hmmm I am a bit confused now.

The BS2/BV4 (master) has been set up a while.  Last night I ran the cables and plugged in the slave and then tried and failed to set a RF frequency that the slave could see.  The other Audio communication is working well, its just the video bit.

Does the RF thing need to be done in a precise order.  Surely it either sends a signal or not depending whether it is switched on or off.  These Danes are far too clever for me.

I suppose if all fails (like with your pc) I should disconnect all and re-boot! and reconnect.

I'll try tonight - but do you have a recommended order of connection?

Cheers

Gary

• 09-23-2010 5:33 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Did you connect the coax to RF out of the BS2 and to RF in of your BV6?

Is your link TV - BV6 - set to V.OPT 6?

Are the main room video sources starting up when you press DTV, DVD.... in the linkroom?

If audio sources work, ML audio and controlling should be fine.

Can you set BV6 channel frequency manually to 599? And is your BS2 set to 599 MHz?

You can set the RF modulator to AUTO if you use a Beovision as link TV.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 09-27-2010 9:56 AM In reply to

Hi Stefan,

I had another play over the weekend...

I have set a BV6 television chanel to 599 and V.OPT 6.

I think the issue is at the other end of the ML and aerial Cable with the BV4/Beosystem 2.

Still when I try to go into the RF Modulator menu and I press go on the Beo4 remote to access the options the screen goes black for a moment and the TV comes back on again (i.e. it comes out of the menus altogether) oh dear this is starting to look a bit expensive.

Do I need to reset the Beosystem 2 and start again - is this possible?

Cheers

Gary

• 09-29-2010 8:29 AM In reply to

Dear BeoHelpers

Situation has gone from bad to worse so not only have I lost various set up menu features from my BS2/BV4 our little darling BV6 (they are set V.OPT 2 and V.OPT 6 respectively) didn't wake me up on Monday, nor yesterday even with a fiddle.  Looking at the menu on the BV6 the wake up feature I can turn on or off, but the choice of channel/source is greyed out.  Perhaps it has handed over control of the wake up call to the BS2?

I Kind of hope that it is the two teles bickering over who has control of the Masterlink BUS and in true spoilt children style they are ignoring each other.  That is a better thought than the BV2 needing some major surgery.

If one of them "is on the wrong BUS" what are recommendations?  Turn everything off plug everything up and reconnect power supply?

Dare I go into the BS Service menu and see if there are any error messages?

Still no bloody picture from the RF return cable, I am sure this effort will be worth while

Gary

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)