in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-29-2010 6:04 PM by PhilLondon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-28-2010 5:28 PM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

What Automation System

Hello All

Right i have a BV7 with 5.1

Ilight light control controlled by beo4

apple tv via puc

sky hd via puc

panasonic bluray via puc

I was thinking of buying a lintronic -238 to control the tell the projector to turn on and off.

After have been thinking about home automation more and more and wondered what people use with their bang and olufsen??

I know there is X.10 but not read to much about it.

What are the options and what ideas do you all have.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 05-29-2010 4:51 AM In reply to

Re: What Automation System

Hi Seanie,

I have been using a Lintronic -238 for about 5 years now, essentially it controls all my non B&O gear (Sony Bravia TV, DVD, Zector audio switch for speaker config., Detoma surround processor & a Future Automation picture lift, which hides the Bravia)  for which is hidden away. I have found it a joy to use and easy to programme. 

The 238 also controls a Vellman relay card by RS-232, as it has the option to send out codes triggered by contact closure, with just a remote B&O eye on show.

A typical example is pressing DVD on my Beo4 send our the following commands:

Turn on Detoma surround processor; Turn on Sony Bravia and select AV1 input; close relay 1 to lift the picture in front of the Bravia TV, select speaker config. 1 on the Zector which is set up for 5.1.

If half way through 'Flashdance' I suddenly decide to listen to my Beosound 5 or Beosound 9000 the powerlink trigger signal from the BS9000 triggers the -238 to shut everything down, drop the picture lift and select speaker config 2 on the Zector, which sends all audio through the Beolab 2, then pairs the Beolab 4000's to front and back right and left.

The beauty is that I am not limited to just B&O equipment, so when I replace the Detoma Surround processor (which is showing signs of age) with a Gefen AUDDEC in a few weeks time, I simply have to change the ir codes on the Lintronic.

I admit that I did spend a long time with a soldering iron, resulting in several finger burns, and masses of cable which had to be chased into the walls, but 'What a Feeling'...

If I can be of any more help, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Paul

• 05-29-2010 7:29 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

We have been using Control4 for some time now and it works brilliantly via Beo4/5, not enough space here to describe all its functions!

The new iPad app is great.

It is a modular system and can start small and build to be as big as you like!

• 05-29-2010 6:04 PM In reply to

I had a demo of the Control 4 in the Winchmore hill B&O shop in North London and I thought it was great.

It is at the same time a media centre controlled by PUC and a home automation system and is quite cheap.

p.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)