in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-25-2010 11:50 AM by beocool. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-25-2010 8:38 AM

• js
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-07-2007
    • Brussels
    • Posts 208
    • Silver Member

Books: which one?

Dear all, could you please let me know what the contents/concept differences are between the two books: From Spark to Icon and Crowood Collectors Series? Thanks, js

• 05-25-2010 9:17 AM In reply to

Re: Books: which one?

Completely different in almost every way!

Spark to Icon, and the earlier version Sound and Vision, are produced by B&O and are lavishly produced very large books full of wonderful photos and a commentary of the company from its inception to modern day. Not much detail on the individual products but gorgeous. A few inaccuracies but highly recommended.

The Crowood Collectors Bang & Olufsen was written and produced by the Jarman brothers who run the excellent Beocentral site. (I should declare at this point that they are friends of mine and hence I cannot be described as unbiased). This book canters through the early products and then concentrates on the products since the 60s till about 2000. It describes a lot of the products in good detail with excellent pictures and has chapters on maintaining, restoring and building a collection. Excellent book but both volumes serve a different purpose. Essentially you need both!! Big Smile

• 05-25-2010 9:19 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

From Spark To Icon is written by B&O as a chronologie over the company. Not so detailed about the products.

Crowood is written by enthusiasts as a guide to collectors, with focus on the 70's, 80's and 90's. A little bit more critical then the first one. Very detailed about the products.

Edit: Peter, you beat me (probably due to my slow English typing). Big Smile

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 05-25-2010 11:50 AM In reply to

Peter :

Essentially you need both!! Big Smile

True! Big Smile

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)