in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-18-2010 11:55 AM by beopaul. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2010 10:36 PM

iTunes error -15006: can't find remote speaker

I have ripped all my CDs to iTunes on my dedicated home server Mac mini, and listen to them losslessly through AirTunes and an Airport Express hooked up to my BeoCenter.  It's all lovely except for this one annoying issue: if it isn't actively streaming for a couple hours or so, and then try to play something, I often get the following error:

"An unknown error (-15006) occurred while connecting to the remote speaker."

The Mac mini is always on and running iTunes, and without a keyboard and mouse, so this is pretty aggravating, and Apple's online suggestions don't seem to help in this case.

Have any of you run into this?  Any suggestions?

-- Paul

Filed under:
  • 05-24-2010 8:34 AM In reply to

Re: iTunes error -15006: can't find remote speaker

I have - from memory I had to update the firmware in my Airport Express. Pretty easy to do. Just Google that error message and lots and lots of Mac forum posting will appear with the correct advice!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 06-03-2010 3:02 PM In reply to

Exactly this happened to me yesterday evening as I wanted my dealer to listen to a peace of music on my iMac (external HD) with my iPod touch (remote app) via my Airport express, Arcam Solo and Beovox Penta Sad, after he installed a new Beovision 8-40 at my home.

First I forgot to switch on my external hard disk with my iTunes "Mediathek" (library?)

After switching on my external hard disk I checked my network, deactivated "airport" and reactivated it several times. Meanwhile it showed a conflict about a network address, but at last all is going well.

iPoditiv

• 06-18-2010 11:55 AM In reply to

They've finally fixed this! 

It hasn't happened since I downloaded iTunes 9.2.

-- Paul

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)