in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-23-2010 9:53 AM by jk1002. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2010 9:22 AM

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

Which music codec (.mp3 / AAC /WAV) is most popular at the BeoSound 5 users ?

I would like to use .wav, but then I would miss a lot of Artwork.... Apple lossless is not supported so what do you recommend (if you use iTunes) ? May be .aac 320 kbit/sec or .acc iTunes plus ?

• 05-22-2010 9:49 AM In reply to

Re: Which music codec (.mp3 / AAC /WAV) is most popular at the BeoSound 5 users ?

In a very very short time Apple Lossless and FLAC will be supported. I started ripping at home to Apple Lossless in anticipation. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-22-2010 9:53 AM In reply to

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

Re: Which music codec (.mp3 / AAC /WAV) is most popular at the BeoSound 5 users ?

OK then i will stay for the moment with .wav and convert it later to Apple losseless 

• 05-22-2010 9:56 AM In reply to

>>n a very very short time Apple Lossless and FLAC will be supported. I started ripping at home to Apple Lossless in anticipation.<

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-22-2010 1:00 PM In reply to

• LarsH
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-23-2007
    • Uppsala, Sweden
    • Posts 42
    • Gold Member

Interesting news!

How far away is this in time?

BR/Lars

• 05-22-2010 1:11 PM In reply to

LarsH:

Interesting news!

How far away is this in time?

BR/Lars

My understanding is mere weeks.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-22-2010 1:30 PM In reply to

Hi guys,

I used to rip my CDs in Apple lossless, I now use .aac 320 kbit/sec as I really can not hear the difference - aac320 is absolutely superb plus it doesn't use stupid amounts of space!

• 05-22-2010 1:44 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

In a very very short time Apple Lossless and FLAC will be supported. I started ripping at home to Apple Lossless in anticipation. 

This is good news.  Thanks,

However these is some confusion.  In the Beosound 5 forum, a member recently posted the following email from B&O.

We are pleased to see that you are the owner of BeoSound 5 and BeoMaster 5. 

We can inform you that there are no present plans for an update that supports Apple

lossless.

Kind regards,

Bang & Olufsen a/s

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 05-22-2010 4:31 PM In reply to

>>I used to rip my CDs in Apple lossless, I now use .aac 320 kbit/sec as I really can not hear the difference - aac320 is absolutely superb plus it doesn't use stupid amounts of space!<<

Its not that I would not settle on 320 but I need gapless playing for live recordings and I am hoping they have that for Apple Lossless like they have it for windows media.

• 05-22-2010 5:05 PM In reply to

linder:

TripEnglish:

This is good news.  Thanks,

However these is some confusion.  In the Beosound 5 forum, a member recently posted the following email from B&O.

We are pleased to see that you are the owner of BeoSound 5 and BeoMaster 5. 

We can inform you that there are no present plans for an update that supports Apple

lossless.

Kind regards,

Bang & Olufsen a/s

Who would you rather believe? The kittens or the sheep?

• 05-22-2010 6:29 PM In reply to

Oh - the kittens are back...

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 05-23-2010 2:32 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

jk1002:

>>I used to rip my CDs in Apple lossless, I now use .aac 320 kbit/sec as I really can not hear the difference - aac320 is absolutely superb plus it doesn't use stupid amounts of space!<<

Its not that I would not settle on 320 but I need gapless playing for live recordings and I am hoping they have that for Apple Lossless like they have it for windows media.

Is it the BS5 that doesn't support gapless playback??

• 05-23-2010 4:30 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

I ripped my entire collection into WMA losless.

It's equal to CD quality (ok, takes a lot of space) but it was worth it.
    When you're listening to the Charts, you can't here the difference on the low quality *** that they call "music". It is too compressed with maximized loudness.

When you have good instrumental recordings (personaly I think that CDs from Chris Rea are very well recorded) you can hear the difference between MP3 and WAV/WMA Losless.

And to tell the truth: You don't need a 5000 Euro Audiosystem when you want to listen to MP3 music! That's mad! :-)

• 05-23-2010 9:53 AM In reply to

>>Is it the BS5 that doesn't support gapless playback??<<

It does only for Windows media files. You can't generate those from a Mac without installing Windows.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)