in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-21-2010 9:56 AM by GuyHui . 100 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (101 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2010 10:11 AM

B&O Price rise again?!

Not on the new products because the price has been adjusted already but on existing things, gosh... again?!

Set to happen by the end of this month... so I'm told...

• 05-18-2010 10:18 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: B&O Price rise again?!

It's true I'm afraid. Why not just double the prices and have done with it Sad Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-18-2010 10:25 AM In reply to

Hello,

Can someone confirm the fact that B&O applies a 4 to 5% price increase each year ? [:'(]

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 05-18-2010 10:26 AM In reply to

Well, the BeoSound 5 is just under £4,500!!!!!

Thats like 4x iMacs!!! Sorry to vent some frustration here, but it feels like we are just being bullied into buying things, by having all these obscene prices rises, so instead of getting something because its a good deal, or because we have worked hard to deserve to treat ourselves, we are just told... buy it now before the prices go up... again... by 10%! Not even just by inflation... and its not that these products are made from Gold that have witnessed a crazy price rise...

Basically buying new isn't fun any more! All new products (except BL11) dont work... and cost a bomb...

• 05-18-2010 10:29 AM In reply to

Well, are you kidding us Smile... a yearly 10% price increase ?? Ick!

I agree with you, sometimes and more often by now, I feel that B&O is telling us to buy ASAP their products before the price goes up again....[:'(]

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 05-18-2010 10:34 AM In reply to

Exactly! Remember not too long ago, in the UK at least, there were offers, like buy an Audio Master and a pair of speakers (not BL4s) and get a BL3500 for free! Also, there were deals such as the Avant trade in... now...?

I'm a bit stubborn when I feel like someone is ripping me off, like B&O seem to be doing, and as such it makes buying used items such a better deal!

• 05-18-2010 10:35 AM In reply to

I don't know the exact percentage this time but...

• 05-18-2010 10:40 AM In reply to

... I realize that some actual customers choose to get their B&O products via the second-hand market. Due to the price increase, more of them cannot afford anymore some new items. Indeed, that is an interesting way to save some money.

Cheers,

Guy

• 05-18-2010 10:44 AM In reply to

True... I used to get everything new for myself, but I can't justify it any more... some products have gone up by £600 last time I checked, its the same as loosing out on getting another pair of BeoLab 6000s from eBay for that price!

Is there a reason why these prices keep on increasing? Are B&O still not doing well, financially?

• 05-18-2010 10:55 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

As I commented on another thread, I think the prices are getting out of hand. How much does that make a pair of BL8000's? At 2006 prices the "I know I can buy better for less but they are beautiful" argument was almost palatable, but now, with further increases over the +30% since 2006 (UK prices) it is beyond reasonable to say the least!

Are Mercedes prices (their "main competitor" as they were oft keen to tell us) escalating at the same rate?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-18-2010 11:13 AM In reply to

Welcome to the wonderful world of second life B&o!

At the current rate of exorbitant pricing, utter software failure, and uninspired new products that aren't being supported as promised... ALL B&o will soon be second life!

I would much rather buy a used product that has stabilized in price, is sorted - works as advertised, and will give years of enjoyment from someone like LifeStyle, or careful picking from eBay and the like.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-18-2010 12:06 PM In reply to

burantek:

Welcome to the wonderful world of second life B&o!

At the current rate of exorbitant pricing, utter software failure, and uninspired new products that aren't being supported as promised... ALL B&o will soon be second life!

I would much rather buy a used product that has stabilized in price, is sorted - works as advertised, and will give years of enjoyment from someone like LifeStyle, or careful picking from eBay and the like.

The man could not get it better from my mind and express it. My thoughts exactly. Thanks Jaff!

-Dimitris

• 05-18-2010 12:13 PM In reply to

Well I am not the only person to have the same thinking regarding this price rising issue...(alternative solution : second hand-market)

Big Smile

Guy

• 05-18-2010 12:27 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I love B&O, i really do..  but at what point do people just say 'enough' ?

I think we're reaching it for a vast amount of people, which is a real shame.  It's all well and good saying 'let's go second life' - but if the new stuff isn't selling, there'll be no used in the future either!!

I've never seen such a demonstration of a company building it's own coffin then hammering nails into it so merrily.  I'm no great businessman, but it makes absolutely no sense to me what they're doing at the moment.  

I could go into a ramble about my own ideas, why's and wherefores - but you've all heard it a thousand times in a thousand variants i'm sure.

I'm becoming increasingly disappointed in product reliability too - which adds insult to injury.  So many products are just plain 'flaky'..  especially BeoVision 7.  I cross my fingers every time we turn one on at the moment...

Lee

Sad

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-18-2010 12:39 PM In reply to

9 LEE:
    It's all well and good saying 'let's go second life' - but if the new stuff isn't selling, there'll be no used in the future either!!

I think that was the point I was trying to make... but... that the future WILL BE nothing BUT used.

(i.e.) Will the last person leaving Struer... please turn off the lights? Sad

This will likely digress into Apple buying B&o, etc... Of course that would keep that topic on its quarterly cycle! Laughing

OTH, well...why not? ...doesn't HAVE to be Apple!

I sincerely hope that something good is around the corner... The BV10-40/46 looks promising from a sales standpoint, and I think that the BL11 is exciting! (though that comment has cost me in the past!) ...and certainly the BL3/5/9 are all solid!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-18-2010 2:15 PM In reply to

I am really disappointed with reports I have read recently about B&O poor reliability etc. I'm totally disgusted with their pricing and attitude these days  I can see a company behaving like this will lead to total bankrupcy over the next two years if they are not careful. I used to love their products, but I'm not a rich playboy - I just love design and craftmanship - whether you can call sticking a Samsung blu-ray player in a BeoVision 7 and charging £1000 extra is daylight robbery - let's be honest Samsung currently are making vastly inferior Blu-ray players. I have a BeoVision 8-40 which I love however, I will be honest it took me over one year to save the money for it!!! 

B&O used to be about quality and elegance whereas now, I get the impression it is aiming at the playboys and the WAGS   not who i'd want to long term market to!

• 05-18-2010 2:17 PM In reply to

I say enough for 2 to 3 years- We have bad times now, there are jobs beeing canceled so B&O is not first what I would buy. Also prices are much to high even for high end products what we know this are not, just see some threads about BV10 screen.

• 05-18-2010 2:25 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

timhanna:

Set to happen by the end of this month... so I'm told...

Yep. And if VAT goes up to 20%, expect another one after the June price-rise, too !

• 05-18-2010 2:27 PM In reply to

agree with you price rises and appalling service  digging their own grave.

offer in spain till end of may buy beovision 10 40 pair of speakers speakers 3 5 9 6000 8000 save 800 euros

malcolm

• 05-18-2010 2:31 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

timhanna:

Thats like 4x iMacs!!! Sorry to vent some frustration here, but it feels like we are just being bullied into buying things...

People are still buying and that's one reason why they can put up the prices. The other day, I was in Bath B&O store and someone walked in, looked at the BV7-55 for a few minutes, asked some questions, handed over his credit card and bought the TV in full. No hesitation.

There are a lot of property millionaires in the UK and property is still expensive, making them cash rich. Bath is full of these people. Buying a £15,000 TV is small fry compared to the assets they own.

B&O are no exception. I bought a Panerai watch in 2007 when things were good. It was £7700 new (I didn't pay that). The same watch is now £11,900! Although I think this is crazy - and Panerai have two or three price increases each year - there are people paying these prices!

• 05-18-2010 2:31 PM In reply to

OMG! Is there actually a consensus forming on Beoworld that new products are becoming too expensive?

*runs and hides before Apple buying B&O is mentioned*

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 05-18-2010 2:34 PM In reply to

EDIT...

Let me rephrase and ask a question instead...

What is the goal of the increase?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-18-2010 3:44 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

burantek:

Easy: make more money from the small number of people still buying their products.

I still think it's crazy that we consider a BV10-46 for £8000, with no DVD player, when you can buy the same Samsung screen in a TV for under £1500. Sure the BV10-46 audio is better than the equivalent Samsung....but it's not £6500 better.

• 05-18-2010 4:45 PM In reply to

Is going to be interesting to see where they go with this. If they keep focussing on complete home cinemas and high end installations I don't think the price increases matter. Also, many may not even notice. If your not following the brand avidly as we do here you don't know how these increases add up. For me, I am all set with what I have. Only piece that I have open right now is digital music and I skip the BS5, not so much over price but over half baked Mac support. P.s. I just dropped 3000$ on a book shelf even though I could have bought an Ikea Billy for 99. Why is that? Design.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-19-2010 2:49 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

burantek:

Easy: make more money from the small number of people still buying their products.

Even easier, sample a load of products at the increased price to your dealer network that should bring in a few million!!

Recently all the dealers in the UK have been sampled the MLGW. Its seems a great number still have it in the box and don't have a clue what to do with it:(

Page 1 of 5 (101 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >