in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-18-2010 12:47 PM by burantek. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-17-2010 11:47 AM

Some photos of my B&O kit being installed

After a year of house renovations and a lot of designing, planning and building we have finally finished a large chunk of our home. I attach a few photos of the B&O kit going in and some finished shots of a few of the rooms.

Kitchen wall knocked out, note the BeoCom 2 charger wrapped in a plastic bag!

Cables plastered into the wall (with approval given by the dog!)

Fun and games getting the cables through the wall for the BeoVision 10

My wife dutifuly painting over my plastering!!!

Neater cables along with BeoVision 10 wall stand

Mounted on the wall

Quite a change from the first pic!

BeoLab 2000 in the kitchen

Movie Room (Front) BeoVision 5 HD, I believe still one of the nicest designed TV's ever - Missing a BeoLab 2 Sub though!

Movie room rear speakers - need some posters!

Master bedroom BeoVision 6

Music in the main bathroom

Guest bathroom BeoLab 2000

Now to start on the garage refit! arghhh.

Regards,
    Cal

• 05-17-2010 11:57 AM In reply to

Re: Some photos of my B&O kit being installed

top top top

Super!

• 05-17-2010 12:01 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Great stuff Cal, well done. Wonderful to see the mess to finished result.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 05-17-2010 12:05 PM In reply to

Wow!

So clean, so beautiful! Great color selections... I really like the dark wall behind the BV5! Was thinking of doing something similar!

I am about to kick off renovations too and your pics are very inspiring! Yes -  thumbs up

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-17-2010 12:13 PM In reply to

+1 Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 05-17-2010 12:35 PM In reply to

Great stuff - have a star from me :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 05-17-2010 12:39 PM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

Absolutely stunning, thanks for sharing with us!

How do you compare the image in BV5 HD vs BV10?

Congratulations

Gustavo

• 05-17-2010 12:44 PM In reply to

Very nice. I love how people choose their furniture and decoration to match their B&O!

• 05-17-2010 1:05 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

you have a lovely house.

what are those rings around the beolink eye?

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 05-17-2010 1:57 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Great pictures, thank you for sharing them with us.Yes -  thumbs up

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-17-2010 2:22 PM In reply to

what a stuning home absolutely brilliant, everything flows beautifully and ties in with all the b&0 equipment that you have i love it.

• 05-17-2010 2:48 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I love installation photos and I love clean installs. Your house looks wonderful, thanks a lot for sharing.

• 05-17-2010 2:56 PM In reply to

Congrats on that installation. I wish I could stuff that much B&O into my home. Unfortunately I have an open layout and the remotes would overlap ... actually it does already ..... Love the way the BV10 looks. I saw it few days back in the window of the Boston store, I want one, I just have no idea how I could that into my place. Cheers JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-17-2010 3:27 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Excellent photo's!   Lovely house too.
    Thanks for sharing.Yes -  thumbs up

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-17-2010 9:51 PM In reply to

Fantastic !

My wife loves your kitchen especially the black tops

I love your B&O collection

Actually she did too such as the speakers in the bathroom, but she gets far more excited by the kitchen ;-)

Your home is an ideal B&O vision splendid

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-18-2010 12:33 AM In reply to

Very nice,  beautiful!

Br Alen

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 05-18-2010 4:53 AM In reply to

Thank you for your kind words everyone, it's been a fun (for the most part) project.

Burantek - The inspiration for the dark wall was after seeing Mr Anders son's beautiful room. I wasn't brave enough to paint the wall such a dark colour myself but I showed my brother-in-law the photos on the site. He went out bought a pot of very very dark paint and painted the wall whilst I was out! Glad he did as it looks great. I did have to buy new carpet though as the old one didn't match at all [:'(]

beobeo - The image quality between the BV 5 HD and BV 10 isn't hugely noticeable to my eyes. They both have a fantastic picture, I would say for standard definition the BV5 is slightly better but when displaying HD material my eyes are not good enough to tell the difference between 1080p and 720p from the distance we sit at.

Seanie - the ring around the beolink eye is a part ordered from B&O. It is usually used when installing a link eye into brickwork to disguise the cut of the masonry. If I was installing the beolink eye into plasterboard it wouldn't be required as the plasterboard is far easier to get a neat cut with... or perhaps just my lack of skill with a tile cutter!

elephant - please thank your wife for the kind words, I thought a black worktop might be too oppressive but my wife convinced me to go for it. It's called 'star galaxy' and when light falls on it the natural copper in the granite slightly shimmers, it's a pretty effect but no B&O Big Smile

Regards,
    Cal

• 05-18-2010 5:34 AM In reply to

Wouaahaha, I LIKE your interior design a lot, you and your wife have very good taste.

Your B&O set up fits very well in your house and so is not intrusive.

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 05-18-2010 7:19 AM In reply to

Hi Cal

Looks terrific! You're obviously not afraid of mess! The thought of chasing cables into my walls and the associated dust wasn't too appealing. Still tweaking my BV10 install - love the clean look of no BL6000 next to the screen, but think the sound could probably do with a boost. The wall brackets are sitting there waiting...

What do you call the flange concealing the edges of the hole cut in the wall behind the BV10 for the cables? Is it a specific brand? I looked at my hardware store to no avail.

Stuart

• 05-18-2010 8:13 AM In reply to

Hi Stuart, I used a... wait for it.... surround for a halogen spotlight!!! Whistle I simply used a hacksaw to remove the fitting which would normally be pushed into the ceiling and then held the face plate in place using silicone, quite crude but turned out fine.

The nice thing is they come in several colours too, a chrome one might match the TV itself, I decided to go for brushed as it matches the downlights we have above the breakfast bar.

Regards,
    Cal

• 05-18-2010 11:05 AM In reply to

Cool...now that's the kind of improvisation I like!

• 05-18-2010 12:47 PM In reply to

Callen:
    Burantek - The inspiration for the dark wall was after seeing Mr Anders son's beautiful room. I wasn't brave enough to paint the wall such a dark colour myself but I showed my brother-in-law the photos on the site.

Indeed! His room is great. I like the idea of it being an "accent" or backdrop to the BV5... BEAUTIFUL!

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)