in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-15-2010 9:15 PM by elephant. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2010 6:35 AM

Hard disk addition to Beosystem 3 based TV's ?

On the beovision 10-46 thread there is a comment regarding the potential addition of a hard disk to Beosystem 3 based televisions.

I'm on the buying research as SWMBO has ok'd a TV purchase for my birthday. I was looking at BV 7-32 but the in built blue ray and potential hard disk (i'm assuming recorder) would swing me towards a BV7-40. Does any one have any tidbits of info of what this may or may not be.

I'm just getting myself excited about a purchase to be - especially if I can get rid of the panasonic STB & HDR currently attached to my Avant (less things for the kids to touch)

Many thanks

• 05-13-2010 11:07 AM In reply to

Re: Hard disk addition to Beosystem 3 based TV's ?

Do you mean the TViX ? This is a third party device with a built in PUC so that it is supposed to work seamlessly. I can be hidden away - at the BV10 launch, it was attached to the stand of the BV10. The device that works best with any of my TVs has been the Sky+ or HD box. It might as well be part of the TV.

• 05-13-2010 5:00 PM In reply to

Not sure - i'm just fishing for info. I was hoping for an internal to BV7 option (i loved the integration of the avant!)

• 05-14-2010 6:01 AM In reply to

A member in the German Forum (I think a dealer with internal information) mentioned the hard disk addition to Beosystem 3 based TV´s until christmas. Also in this forum another member told that the internal HD-module will be upgradable with a hard disk soon. And this is very reasonable, take a look at the HD-module, you are able to program timer recordings, which does not work p.e. with my BV10-40 and DVD2. The DVD2 disontinued last year and also the HDR2 discontinued (no longer shown on B&O-website). So there is actually no solution to make records from the HD-module, i.e. in HD-quality. So I am very sure a hard disk will come and therefore I will wait to buy a BV7-55 (I also still have and love the integration of the avant which allows to watch TV, DVD and make records with only one unit). Regards Räuber
  • 05-14-2010 3:19 PM In reply to

The Collins Street store has a TVIX attached to their BV10-40

Annie told me that at this stage it does not have its puc integration so you have to use two remotes

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-15-2010 7:03 AM In reply to

The Tvix is in the PUC of the Bv10-40. I have one connected to my BV10 and it is working fine with BEO4.

• 05-15-2010 9:15 PM In reply to

FrankJ:

The Tvix is in the PUC of the Bv10-40. I have one connected to my BV10 and it is working fine with BEO4.

sorry I meant that the store had not run the cables to the TVIX ... it was sitting on the carpet next to the BV10 Sad

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)