in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-23-2010 4:37 PM by roger. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2010 1:23 PM

• roger
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-11-2010
    • devon uk
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

advice needed for beomaster 3000-2

hello all,can anyone give me some advice on b&o beomaster 3000-2, i rescued unit from rubbish bin but looks in very good condition it powers up green lights come on - should the red windows light up?-.  also i am baffled by the inputs on back of unit, how do i connect speaker cable ,and are the cd player inputs the same as my normal hi-fi unit, i am not sure if it has any value if working but couldnt see it thrown away, if i can work out the speaker cable inputs i can test. thanks for your time. 

• 05-11-2010 1:45 PM In reply to

Re: advice needed for beomaster 3000-2

You need two pin DIN speaker plugs - available from Maplins. The inputs allow both RCA or DIN connectors so that should be easy.

• 05-11-2010 1:57 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-20-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Welcome to the forum Roger!

The Beomaster 3000-2 is certainly worth saving.I have one fully restored,and it's an excellent receiver in both function and form.You will find all the help you need  on this forum,lots of expertise.You will first need some DIN style speaker connectors.The tape input will work for your CD player but the standard RCA connectors are rather close together so many cables won't physically fit.I use a DIN to RCA adapter cable plugged into the DIN socket in the rear of the Beomaster for my CD player.These are available from Sounds Heavenly advertised on this site.They will likely have the DIN speaker cables you need too.

Paul

• 05-11-2010 1:59 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Welcome to Beoworld !

The red power lamp (and signal meter backlight) will come on at power on.
    If they don't one or both have blown.
    The red arrows will light up when an FM signal strong enough is received and
    help you tune in spot on.

It's a wonderful classic design piece. Definitely worth restoring and keeping.

Martin

• 05-11-2010 4:47 PM In reply to

• roger
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-11-2010
    • devon uk
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

hi again,and thanks everyone for knowledgeable and freindly replies.i now know what to look for and i am ordering cables you pointed me to,as for the lights the backlit signal light comes on and the green tape light but there is no aerial in yet is this why red signal arrows are not on? another question-in newspapers recently reports that analogue radio signals are being turned off in future and all going digital as with tvs,will this mean all our tuners will be useless.regards roger

• 05-22-2010 11:36 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Congratulations! I just got one of these myself.

My arrows and stereo indicator do not operate, but I do not have antenna yet, so i will wait and see.

Evan

• 05-23-2010 8:02 AM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-20-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

It appears to be normal not to have those lights without an input signal, just tried my fully functional 3000-2 with no antenna and it won't turn the lights on either.Clipping a couple feet of wire to the center pole of the antenna input gets things working.

I have not heard anything about phasing out the analog FM radio in the states.Although a few local stations do offer a digital  format in addition to the analog.Perhaps this is a topic worthy of it's own thread,I would be curious to hear from others around the world on this.I live near the border with Canada and have not heard anything from them either.It would be bad to loose our analog FM!

Paul

• 05-23-2010 4:37 PM In reply to

• roger
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-11-2010
    • devon uk
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

hi and thank you for reply ,i am thankful for your knowledge.as for the analogue signal issue newspapers here in uk have reported that our uk  government has decided to turn off analogue signals by 2015 the same is happening now with all tv analogue signals in uk think by end of year all tv will be digital,so by 2015 i assume all analogue radios in uk will be useless,regards roger

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)