in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-17-2010 11:29 PM by elephant. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2010 10:21 AM

New Music system

I have just bought beolab 9 and beovision 10.

I dont know which music system to bye ???

1. Beosound 4 with beoport or Ipod connection if thats posible and the sound ok

2. Apple tv with my beovision 10. possible to hear radio on this solution ?

3. Think beosound 5 is to expensive

4. New musicsystem on the way ???

Larsen

• 05-05-2010 4:56 PM In reply to

Re: New Music system

The apple tv can play internet radio if you had the stations to a playlist i believe. if you have an ipod touch or iphone you can get the remote this might be a reasonable cheap solution for a while.

I still like the idea of being able to play normal CDs and I still use DVDs so for me BC2 is the optimal solution.

BS5 is a bit expensive, but it is definitely on my radar screen. I hope B&O doesn't abandon it, once they have apple lossless which I am hoping gives me gapless playing I will probably buy that one.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-05-2010 7:53 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

I've got an apple tv connected with BV4/BS3 surround setup (livingroom) and BV10 with BL3's/BL2 in bedroom. I love the setups and function, even better with apple remote. Only thing I don't like is having to manual change to speaker 2 option for stereo sound when listening to music. All other functions and sound are a thumbs up. If your net speed is fast enough then you can download movies, music, youtube in a blink, I don't even bother with discs anymore. Just ATV and my iPhone in a B&O surround setup do the trick for me!

Best of luck.

• 05-06-2010 4:15 PM In reply to

What about your existing investment in media ?

How many CDs do you have ?

DVDs ?

Have you already captured them to a hard drive ?

What personal computer(s) do you already have ?

Answers to these questions may help guide you towards an Apple TV (had no optical drive) or other alternatives, including using an "old fashioned" music system such as the BS4.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-06-2010 10:01 PM In reply to

I use a mac mini and an ATV and the mini has many advantages over the ATV. What annoys me about the ATV is that ityou have to have two copies of everything, as what is on the ATV is also stored on the syncing computer. This seems to me such a waste of space. The mini with an Elgato EyeTV tuner allows you to capture anything on TV (or FM radio if you have the hybrid) and not only watch at your leisure but also edit and burn to DVD with Toast. This I find far more valuable and useful than anything the ATV can do.

paddy2042

Patrick

• 05-08-2010 5:16 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

paddy2042:

I use a mac mini and an ATV and the mini has many advantages over the ATV. What annoys me about the ATV is that ityou have to have two copies of everything, as what is on the ATV is also stored on the syncing computer. This seems to me such a waste of space. The mini with an Elgato EyeTV tuner allows you to capture anything on TV (or FM radio if you have the hybrid) and not only watch at your leisure but also edit and burn to DVD with Toast. This I find far more valuable and useful than anything the ATV can do.

paddy2042

Refering to the comment about "two copies of everything" on the ATV & the PC, surely the fact that media is also on the PC permits editing/deleting/artwork ammendments etc, something not possible if everything was only stored on the ATV.

Importantly also, if my ATV failed and everything was lost at least it's on my PC. Likewise if my PC failed, I'd still have everything on the ATV.

• 05-17-2010 7:33 PM In reply to

If you use a Mac mini you can edit delete etc directly on the machine itself as well as create playlists etc. You can back up to an external drive or DVD as I do. I think a much simpler solution.

Patrick

• 05-17-2010 11:29 PM In reply to

Buy a Mac Mini now ... and add an ATV to each additional BeoVision you buy :-)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)